Reward Offered

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Yesterday , a friend stopped by and asked if i wanted to go metal detecting with him. Of course my response was "Yeah...let's go!" I showed him some of my finds and he said he found a bayonette like mine on the surface when he was a child and he still had it. He said he found it in the woods behind the house where he grew up. I said ,,,,let's try hunting there. So off we went. As we pulled up , the man that lives there now told us that his wife had lost a diamond earring in the yard a month ago and if we could find it , he would give us $200 . The earrings were made from diamonds that came from her engagement ring , so it has a lot of sentimental value to them. They found the clip that holds the earring on in the carport on the concrete floor and know that his wife ran a few laps down a running path nearby ( they have a fitness center/gym on the property). We searched for about 2 hrs and did not find it. He has mowed the area once or twice since it was lost so it's possible the mower sucked it up and spit it out...who knows?

If anyone in the southeast part of NC (near Mt Olive) wants to help me find it, PM me. They also told us that a family member was a high ranking officer during WW1 and brought home a lot of WW1 artifacts that, as legend has it , were buried in a nearby homeplace. The man died and his wife was scared of the artifacts (possible ordinance?). some family members took some of it and buried the rest.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wished I lived down there by you to give you a hand in recovering that earring, I have plenty of spare time on my hands while looking for work :) What may also be a good suggestion to you is that if you find the earring perhaps in lieu of the reward you may be able to search the other grounds for the WWI relics. Just a thought :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
G

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
The property where the artifacts are allegedly buried no longer belongs to this family but is close by. However , permission has already been granted to hunt the entire farm where they live whether we find the earring or not.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the hunt and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread