Need help to return a class ring

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
I guess this is the appropriate place to post this topic. A couple of weeks ago I found a very nice gold/diamond high school class ring on my college campus laying under a picnic table. Since I have posted adds on Craigslist and have posted “found” signs on boards around campus. The ring does not appear to have a school name on it and only has the first persons name etched on the inside. Any ideas on how to return the ring to the rightful owner? I thought about turning it in to campus police but if they don’t find the owner within the year it goes to auction and the money stays with them. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks :help:

S

stefen

If the school has a newspaper, try placing an ad there also...not everyone looks at ads on bulletin boards (or telephone poles).

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering how you know that it is a high school ring if there is no school name on the ring?

OP
OP
silvereagle78

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Shortstack said:
I'm wondering how you know that it is a high school ring if there is no school name on the ring?

Your right I don't, but it is definately a class ring. It has the year 2009 on the top a mascot on one side and "on to adventure" on the other side. Found on a college campus probably someones high school ring just a guess.

OP
OP
silvereagle78

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
stefen said:
If the school has a newspaper, try placing an ad there also...not everyone looks at ads on bulletin boards (or telephone poles).

Actually a good idea and I will check on that tomorrow, although now it is over a holiday with finals right afterwards and nobody will probably read it. :dontknow: but worth a try, thanks!

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
You may very well have a "sample ring". Places that sell class rings have a selection on display for schools and students to choose from . Someone might have "liberated" one and had it engraved .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread