steel ss# card

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Jon ,
Recieved the letter below and think you should email her....

.......I don't know for sure if there is a connection to my Owens family, but I do have a Roland and that isn't a common name, I don't think. Mine began in PA but I haven't gotten them all traced up to current times. If you don't hear from anyone, I would be happy to continue the search for you.
Janis Owens

[email protected]

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy I had just looked at that on the sight where the Owens geneology was....wasnt sure if it was an old response or not...good work hope it comes out a winner!

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
I can't believe that the Govt would not have records of this type of information now if they would give you some info is another question.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was a kid they sold these at one of the engraving stores at the local mall. I think my brother had one.

This was already mentioned but be careful on how much information you post especially with SS#s. Even though this person died in 1962 if they have a surviving spouse there may still be a credit history tied to that number. Many widows never remove their spouses name from joint account, home deeds or even joint credit cards and you never know who is looking at this on-line. Could apply for a new credit card then go on a spending spree. You may want to edit your first post and remove the number or at least part of it.

Good luck
NJ

Cerwiden

May 18, 2012
Waverly Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much would your friend pay for one? DSC01837.JPG DSC01838.JPG

chrispy123

May 18, 2012
Maine
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure some mexican just saw your post and is printing the number out. Fence ? What fence?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
An illegal probably can work under that name and number. They love to get SS numbers of the recently deceased. For some reason they are not cross checked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread