Spectra calls for cell return.

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It was a regular Saturday hunt at Isla Verde beach I had my usual amount of clads for a 4 hour hunt.Rain clouds were menacing to come in soon in so I walked my way towards the beach exit with my detector still on, to then pack up and take the bus back home.As the 5.3 coil passed along side a palm tree Spectra"Mighty Gorgo"(nick name for my V3) sounded on a loud 50¢ icon on the meter.It imidiatly awoken my smile I commented "good another big silver surffer ring".I dug deep with my long handled sand scoop,as some sand left the scoop as I shaked away I was met with not the silver ring I expected but a pinkish/lavender cell phone from Sprint.The onlooker in the palm tree remarked "Jackpot" I said to my self What! I showed it to the guy selling hotdogs at the beach entrance upon inspecting it he was impressed.The thought racing thru my mind was "Ralph to the rescue" this calls for cellular return mition.On arriving back to Bayamon I dashed for my local supermarket under the rain to ask for a place to revive the dead cell phone,finding a little cell phone supplyer I told her what happened.The lady inspected the cell phone and after a few minutes told me it was a gonner sand damage was evident and it was history.Not wanting to give up on the first comment I made my way under the rain towards a 2nd dealer in town "locked" my last stop and only hope to salvage the suposed dead cellular.The eager lady identifyed it as a sand damaged unit allthough I tryed to hide it in my petiton.I said please make me a miracle and revive it if you can I want to return the unit to it's rightfull owner.She dedicated the first few minutes to pry out the sand grains from the charge port of the phone she then boostered it up and Alleluya the cell lit on.She cheaked the dirrectory in the cell window and copyed 2 telephone numbers one under "mother" and a long distance call from New York under "grandma" the phone had no dial tone so I was told it was cut off from the company upon a lost report.On arriving home and changing my wet clothes and drying up I called the "Mother" number the young voice that answered I identifyed myself and said I was a matal detector veteran for 28 years and wanted to do a good samaritan favor to her and how I got her telephone number.She imidiatly recognized her lost cell as her daughters and happyly heard my oddesy on the recovery.She was on a rush to go to her son's graduation that evening but would call back on details on getting dirrections on getting here to pick it up.Sunday evening a young woman and her husband called at my door.Are you the good samaritan? She asked well happyly handing her the lost property she hugged me thanks and shared some storys between mom and me of my 28 years of my detecting legacys showing off some objects of eye apealing remarks made by them both.So this is a happy ending of "The Spectra calls cellular return mition" Thanks V3 and White's I wonder what my next call will be? :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• 100_0206.jpg
    100_0206.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 242
  • 100_0207.jpg
    100_0207.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 224

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread