Returned wedding ring.

tlmothy

Greenie
Mar 11, 2006
Japan.
It happend about 9 years ago. I was at the age of about 15 and I had been interested in metal detecting ever since my father introduced me to the hobby around 1987. Each summer I usually traveled to visit family or just for fun, but about 9 years ago I was on summer holiday and planned to stay home that summer. This gave me a great opportunity to do some metal detecting at the beach, which is about 10 minutes away from my old apartment. With my trusty Whites detector in hand I combed the beach looking for treasure that day.

The day was very warm, however this didn't stop me although I did have to dodge countless suntanners and volleyball players I continued on my quest. A few hours went by and after finding countless pulltabs and a small amount of change. At least enough to buy myself some sweets. A guy came up to me asking if that was a metal detector I was holding and if I could find him a ring he had lost about 10 minutes earlier. I hesitated for a bit and then said sure, why not. He told me it had a lot of sentimental value and begged me to find it. He then brought me to the place where he was jumping on logs when he lost the ring. He told me he did a huge jump off one log, jumping into the sand. I could see the spot where he landed so I knew the ring wasn't far.

Then and there I started looking. I looked for about 15 minutes systematically searching the area, but still I couldn't find it. At that point I didn't give up and still continued to look around ever further past where I thought it had traveled. Eventually I heard a beep and bingo I had found it. To my amazement it traveled roughly 10 feet past the place he had landed. It must of been one hell of a jump. I then handed him the ring. I could of easily pocketed it but I felt sorry for the guy. And me being 15 years old it had definitely crossed my mind.

He was very happy to find his ring, I guess his wife would of been pretty cross coming home without it.
The guy then said he would like to give me a reward for finding it. He told me he didn't have much money with him and offered to give me cash if I would wait infront of his apartment while he went inside, which was about 5 minutes away. I agreed but it did cross my mind that he might be a child molester. So carefully I followed him to that street . I then waited outside as he entered his apartment. Minutes later he came out and handed me 10 bucks saying he didn't have much money. He thanked me again as I took the cash. With a grin on my face and 10 bucks plus some clad in my pocket. I walked towards the closest corner store to trade in my bounty for you guessed it...

junk food and sweets. A Job well done.

I still remember that story to this day. Another good memory of when I was young.

Well that is my story of when I returned a gold wedding ring. My first Gold ring that I found.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
WTG....Its always good for the soul when you do something nice for someone...and in your case...also good for the stomach ....LOL ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Find and the Return !

Thanks for posting it.

Jeff

Top Member Reactions