cocoa beach

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast
Last sunday Around 2 in afternoon. While I was at the beach doing that thing we all do a woman walks up and asks if I could help her. She just arrived still in street clothes obviously from out of town, Lost here earring, having only been on the beach less than a minute she must have set an all time record for loosing something.

Anyway she was smart enough to mark the spot with her husband
I walked over to the area with my detector and within about 5 feet of swinging found her earring
only to look up and see about 20 people start clapping-- Like I had done something

they said thanks and bye
and I went on my way feeling like I done a good deed

This or something like this has happend to everyone that I have talked to who hunts a beach
I think these good deeds help the reputation of our hobby

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
If you happen to find a white gold Class of 1962 ring from South Sumter in Bushnell, FL it was mine. I lost it at Cocoa Beach in 1966.

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on Treasure Island a couple of years ago ready to detect after a Saturday night beach party, when a young man came up to me and ask if I would try to find his car keys. He had stayed on the beach all night looking for them. There was three other detectors that would not help him. So I went to work and found after about 20 mins. He was very greatfull and tryed to pay me. The next day I was detecting the same area and found a
14K bracelet :hello2: Pay backs are gooooood!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread