Another Lost My Stuff Group Success Story !!!

fogcity

Aug 26, 2010
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lost Item reported June 2011:

Joe xxxxxxxxx of Orange, California lost his ring while out walking his dogs and posted a “lost ring” announcement on Lost My Stuff asking for help. I had already planned a family vacation at Laguna Beach for Memorial Day weekend and was going to pass by the location, so I responded to the ad. Here’s what happened, in Joe’s own words:

"I had had surgery on my left wrist in 2010 and my wedding band wouldn't fit due to my hand swelling up. My wife asked me a few times in 2011 if my ring fit back on my finger and I tried however no luck so finally I made a plan to go back to the jeweler and have it resized. I put the ring on my pinkie finger and decided to take the dogs out for a walk before I leave the house.

I take my dogs on a short walk to the corner and have them sit before crossing the street. I was petting one of the dogs and praising him for obeying and he was shedding really badly so I continued to pet him on his side at a fast pace when I heard a ‘tinggggg’ and looked at my hand and the ring was gone! I quickly grabbed my phone and took a picture where the dog was sitting and thought I had a general idea of where the ring flew off and in which direction. That night I told my wife of the dilemma and the next morning got up early to do my search and thought to myself ‘How hard could it be? I'll just systematically remove the foliage, inch by inch, and find the shiny ring.’

I spent about an hour and a half on the corner where I lost the ring and got about a 4'x4' area cleared and still no ring. I had given up all hope of finding the ring without an army of people tearing up the hillside. I decided to do a search on the internet of people who have lost rings and found Lost My Stuff. I submitted my loss report and waited. A man contacted me a few days later by email and said he would be in my area on Friday. He was very helpful and came out and spent less than 20 minutes scanning the area and found the missing ring. It was not in the area I was looking either, it was behind me! Thanks to Chris and his knowledge of the metal detector that found my ring."

You can check out our Group's other Success Stories at: http://www.lostmystuff.net/success_stories1.php

;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• chris002.jpg
    chris002.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 208
  • chris001.jpg
    chris001.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

youk

Aug 11, 2007
Upstate, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Sunray Probe
Great job to the Lost My Stuff Group and it's members for making us all look good!!!!!!!!

S

stefen

I happen to live in Orange, as well, and this is the first I've heard of this group...

Commendable community service...

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
I signed up as a volunteer and while I haven't had a chance to get out on a search, some of the locals have and have located the items they had searched for. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

It doesn't cost to join up, and you just might get the opportunity to help find a lost item for someone.
And we all know anytime we do a good deed like this, is a "attaboy" for the hobby------- at least for the owner of the lost item. He could tell a friend about the good deed, and his friend could tell another friend..and so on, and so on.... :wink:

Could be the owner of the lost item, has a prime spot somewhere else, that he might let you detect. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread