The Lost My Stuff Group is keeping busy !!!

fogcity

Aug 26, 2010
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lost Wedding Ring found June 2011:

I checked my email this morning and saw that yet another poor soul had lost a ring and summoned help from the Lost My Stuff crew. I clicked on the email, guessing what state it would be from... Texas? Illinois? Florida?

Well lo and behold, this one is in Colorado! In the metro area as well, although 20 miles from home. I wrote an email to the lady explaining who I was and that I would be willing to help her find her ring, for her to just give me a call to set up a meet, which she did.

I showed up at the park, which is HUGE at 11:45 AM. Acres and acres of grass, and I thought to myself "Good luck finding this one dude". She had said that she, her daughter and grand daughters sat in a couple of different places watching her grand son play rugby, but that she didn't know at which spot it was lost. So after jogging the kids' memories they figured out the general areas they were at and I went from there. I had already scanned one spot pretty well before they showed up, having got the info before I left the house, so I figured I would try the next spot about 100 yards away.

I met the daughter up there and she pointed around the area they sat at, told me good luck, and went back to the cool confines of the mini van. I started scanning away, trying to make a mental grid as I went along. I was on my 3rd pass, when I got a strong +26 VDI at 0 inches, and I knew I had found her ring! I took my screwdriver and flipped it out of the grass, a nice little gold wedding band, about 3/16" wide. I didn't even get the karat I was so excited, I just kept it in my hand and almost sprinted back to where the ladies were at.

I was walking up to them when the grandma turned around and asked me if I had found it. I smiled real big like and opened my hand, revealing her ring. She took her ring and screamed "thank you" several times, the kids were all excited and clapping their hands, and I felt like a hero. It felt really good to help some total stranger find a ring that's sentimental to them, it made my day!

And a note from the owner...

One of your volunteer searchers, Troy, met me, my daughter and granddaughters at the park today and Troy actually found the ring! I cannot tell you how surprised and delighted I am. I feel like my faith in mankind has been boosted 10 fold! Troy was very nice and he seemed quite pleased himself at finding the treasure.

My ring has taken on a new meaning... in addition to "I'm married", it signifies to me that a stranger was willing to help me out and make my life a bit more whole again. I truly never expected to see that ring again! What a wonderful day. Troy is no longer a stranger and I hope to stay in touch with him on some level.

Angels with metal detectors!

Thanks to all your volunteers and their efforts of kindness.

Jamie

You can check out our other finds & Success Stories at : http://www.lostmystuff.net/success_stories1.php

The first pic below is Troy looking for the ring in the Rugby Field, the second one is Jamie with her ring !!!

Attachments

• troy001.jpg
    troy001.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 242
  • troy002.jpg
    troy002.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Angels with metal detectors!

Besides the satisfaction of finding the lost item.....the Lost My StuffGroup members are "Angels with metal detectors".... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Can't get any better than that !!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread