.......HOW WOULD ONE SEARCH FOR A GOLD TENNIS BRACELET......??

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...I am a member of a group who does this as a service for free.......I do not know the person and all I know is that a gold tennis bracelet was lost....not much else is known for the moment....for some reason the detector does not see the bracelet as a whole...it only sees the individual links...so that makes finding it very difficult .......now if it has a a large latch or at least one portion of it that is larger then the individual links then it is easier to find.............also for some reason....gold jewelry seems to be found easier if the frequency is around 12 to 16 KHZ......I have not found that much when it comes to gold bracelets or even gold necklaces...that is why I am seeking advise on findint finding this item.....I guess that if the gold bracelet is very valuable and very sentimental ......the homeowner probably would Not mind all the digging.....but I guess as a consientous detectorist...that this goes against all that I have been taught .........Joe

mighty_mace

Jun 29, 2007
Schuylkill County, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking for a gold bracelet lost at my parents about 10ish years ago with no luck. Partly due to all the d*mn .22 rimfire cases all over the yard. (i'm the culprit growing up)

I stop in and try every now and then, hopefully some day i'll get lucky.

If you find any tips be sure to post em here!

M_M

Greenie
Nov 9, 2009
Good luck!

Did it slip off or was it thrown off?

I remember visually searching for a friends bracelet and found it where she sat down on a bench. She then found my keys by the gate! Whether I dropped them the first or second time I was there I'll never know!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It depends on the detector. Most Minelabs (with the exception of the GPX series) have a hard time with small gold such as chains and should definitely be in All Metal, but some White's detectors, such as the V3i should have no problem detecting it in the high frequency (22.5KHz) and accepting VDI numbers into the ferrous range down to -40. I have seen chains come up in the -20 range on the White's

You should not need to dig for a bracelet unless it was dropped years ago. Even so, chains tend to stay very close to the surface. and a probe should do the trick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread