found a spot in Texas where General George Custer and the 7th Calvert was

Docmix46

Jun 26, 2011
:hello: found the camp site of The 7th army Calvary where General George Custer was at when he was called to fight at the Little Big Horn. Found metal flag of the unit that was ruff cut out of a tin substance and painted with a red and black paint. The paint was said to be over a hundred years old. The flags given to a friend that has passed and can not get back from his family, would like help in searching the rest of the site. The US Army knows of the site but not exactly where it is. I do though, also site latter used as a Confederate POW camp. I worked on the Railroad for 30 years and am retired, learned of these places from old head engineers, and tried to pass stories down to firemen, but the youth of today does not appreciate history that is fact.
I am located north west of Houston, the site is 15 miles from me an I am disabled and would like to have help exploring the site, with the understanding if you help everything stays in Texas that is found, you can keep if you want but will require a binding agreement that every thing stays in Texas the Home of the 7th Army. If you want to meeting talk just reply with your contact information please. Thank you for reading an old man's writing, Doc

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Wish I lived closer to ya Doc, sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sure you will get some help, good luck and welcome to treasurenet. Oh and when you do start finding those relics please take lots of pictures and come back and post them here. There are a lot of us that would love to see what you find :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

TwistedVintage

Tenderfoot
Dec 13, 2010
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F75LTD, Fisher F2, Ace 250, Minelab Excal II
I am Spring, TX but willing to travel.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I respect your great story, it is too bad most youth just doe's not care about history.
After high school I joined the Plasterers Union, the trade of my father and uncles. The first thing I did was ask the "Old timers" for wisdom of advice of how to make the hard work easier or if they had tips.
I have had and will always have great respect for those with experience & wisdom to bestow on me.
Sir: I wish you a happy Christmas to you and yours.
Happy hunting and good luck friend. Don From French Gulch, Cal.

Zepplynn

Greenie
Jan 17, 2016
Houston texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Equinox 600, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: found the camp site of The 7th army Calvary where General George Custer was at when he was called to fight at the Little Big Horn. Found metal flag of the unit that was ruff cut out of a tin substance and painted with a red and black paint. The paint was said to be over a hundred years old. The flags given to a friend that has passed and can not get back from his family, would like help in searching the rest of the site. The US Army knows of the site but not exactly where it is. I do though, also site latter used as a Confederate POW camp. I worked on the Railroad for 30 years and am retired, learned of these places from old head engineers, and tried to pass stories down to firemen, but the youth of today does not appreciate history that is fact.
I am located north west of Houston, the site is 15 miles from me an I am disabled and would like to have help exploring the site, with the understanding if you help everything stays in Texas that is found, you can keep if you want but will require a binding agreement that every thing stays in Texas the Home of the 7th Army. If you want to meeting talk just reply with your contact information please. Thank you for reading an old man's writing, Doc
I would like to help too, I live NW of Houston in Waller county

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread