Large Cluster Gold Diamond Ring Found & Returned

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Large Cluster Gold Diamond Ring Found & Returned

My last full day at Myrtle and I'm fighting my body to keep up the pace. I was up at 2am and out on the beach, nothing but hoop earrings and a few cents of clad. Then at 9:30 took the wife out till noon and nada in the pouch. Took a nap and headed out at 4pm for the receding tide. Waves were big today and I had no plans on going in the water but shortly after starting this nice man came up to me and asked if I could try to find his wifes diamond cluster ring. Now normally when something like this happens the person has no idea where they exactly were but this couple had some heads on their shoulders and said they hadn't moved from this spot and it was waist deep and knew what time it was so I had an idea how it might be later at low tide. I marked the spot with landmarks and then tried to find it but got beat up with the waves. I came out of the water and said I'd try again when the tide was low. Well long story short, I put in about 40 minutes trying and was still getting beat by the waves and my shorts were falling off so I went to shore to pull them up and set my detector down on the sand.... headphones still on and the detector was screaming... so I dug and darned if it wasn't the ring. I know it sounds like a made up story but honestly, that is exactly how it happened. I had their room number and decided before giving it back I'd at least take it to the room and get a picture of it. The husband ran into me before I could get to their room. I had him describe it, hoping this wouldn't be the ring but he described it exactly. It was the first ring he ever gave his wife.

He asked what he could give me for finding it and I said nothing is necessary.... his smile and handshake was plenty for me.....

That made my 10 my total for rings found this week at myrtle.....providing I don't find any tomorrow morning before we check out....

Cliff

Attachments

• IMG_0233sm.jpg
    IMG_0233sm.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 472

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Re: Large Cluster Gold Diamond Ring Found & Returned

Wow, congratz on the recovery. I know they must be excited at getting that beautiful ring back.

M

mikusek

Re: Large Cluster Gold Diamond Ring Found & Returned

I would bet the guy would have bought you some shorts that would stay up in the waves, or a pair of suspenders... :laughing9:

That is a beautiful ring, I can imagine their relief when you found it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread