deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a request through "Lost My Stuff" to look for a gentleman's gold ring lost during the Long Branch Hot Air Balloon Festival at Historic Long Branch, Clarke County VA. The owner was participating in a model aircraft demonstration there and lost the ring somewhere on the grounds. I set out this morning for what I expected to be a long day as the area was several acres in size. I planned to start in the field where the model A/C club were performing and work my way up towards the main estate house. The field had several horses in it - all curious about my activity. As I climbed over the fence, I put my large cup of hot coffee on the fence post, one of the horses decided to take it for himself! Okay, this was not starting out well at all! However, within 10 minutes I got the signal I was looking for and just under the surface was the ring. It was a heavy 14k with black onyx and three diamonds. The ring was an achievement award ring presented by the gentleman's company and he was very happy to get it back. The photo is not great and does not do the ring justice - a very nice ring.

Update: Just got this testimonial from the owner of the ring and thought I'd share it here on the TNET forum:

Dear LostMyStuff....

Let me take this opportunity to tell you MY success story in dealing with your GREAT group!!!!!

In mid-October of this year (2011) I was working as a volunteer exhibitor at the annual Hot-Air Balloon and Wine Festival at Long Branch Farm in Millwood VA. Specifically I was with the Plane Crazy RC Model Aircraft Club doing flying exhibitions and working at their display tent.
Somewhere in the course of that morning while walking between the (flight) field we were using and the display tent a "class-style" ring I own disappeared from my hand. The ring is actually a sales award for achievement at my place of employment -- Grand Home Furnishings. I was crest-fallen! Not only did the ring have significant value monetarily but I wear it with great pride so there was significant emotional value as well. I looked around the fence-line the separated the two areas I worked in to no avail.
The next day I contacted the main offices of Long Branch and told them my plight and also posted a "Lost" ad on Craigslist. Staff workers at Long Branch conducted a visual search with no results and a few weeks went by with no replies to my Craigslist posting. I was resigned to the fact that this precious ring was gone for good.
Just the other day, however, I was contacted via e-mail by two members of LostMyStuff.net . I had never heard of the group but they explained that it was a group of volunteers, essentially hobbyists that search for valuables and artifacts with metal detectors. Both individuals offered to go out to Long Branch and conduct a search with their detectors. Since of them, Luke, lived close to Long Branch I readily gave my permission and a general description of where I thought the ring had left my hand and he agreed to go there on Saturday to see what he could find.
That Saturday morning I was paged to the back office at Grand Home Furnishings "to help a customer". When I got there Luke introduced himself and said, "Well, I went to Long Branch and did not have a whole lot of time to conduct a search" ... he paused and smiled ... "but I did not need it because"... and proceeded to hold up my FOUND ring!!!!!!!!! You cannot imagine my sheer amazement and utter joy!!!!! I asked if there was anything I could give him and he shook his head and said not at all that it was all voluntary and they enjoyed searching for the pleasure of finding stuff!!
My deepest and sincerest thanks to Luke and to LostMyStuff.net !!!!!

Attachments

• Signet ring.jpg
    Signet ring.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 484

fogcity

Aug 26, 2010
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Gold Honorable Service Ring Found and Returned to Owner

Great Job !!!

Thanks for being a member of the Group!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions