Trinity High School class ring lost

denoferth

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dennis Karoleski
I lost my Trinity High School class ring in 1962 while working as a counselor at Camp Buffalo, a YMCA summer camp in Buffalo Township, Southwestern Pennsylvania. I was removing stones that had washed into Buffalo Creek the previous winter before assembling a wooden plank dam across the stream which was very shallow at that point. The path down to the dam was across a dirt road, opposite the camp entrance and about 100 yards from the road. The creek at that point ran over a rock shelf that had grooved concrete posts set into it. The dam was formed when we slid wooden planks into the grooves to a height of about five or so feet. This formed a body of water large enough to operate canoes on. I think I lost it while picking rocks from a crack in the bedrock about 50 yards upstream from the dam and only a few feet from the left bank facing upstream. The water was only a few feet deep at that point and it must have slipped off either in the water or when I tossed the stones on the bank. I don’t remember if my name is in ring or not. The ring has the school tower on both sides in low relief and I think there was enameling around them or the dates, an oval blue stone set with a crest marked “Trinity” at the bottom, an “H” on the left side and an “S” on the right side. In the center of the crest is the Pennsylvania keystone with a “T” inside. It probably has “BALFOUR10K” and maybe “23” inside like my old replacement. My contact info is on the “class ring finder” web site. Thanks for reading this. Dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread