Spenpess

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ex lost this in one of the NYC airports; I can't remember which, but either La Guardia or JFK. Supposedly fell into some sort of gutter, and she was unable to retrieve it.

It's a high school class ring from Hephzibah High School, class of 1983. The ring was lost I believe in the mid-late 80s.

It's not made of gold or silver, but of Lustrium, or whatever it was they were calling the hybrid, cheaper metal then.

I would give a $100 reward for its return. It's a long shot, I know. But it's one worth taking I guess. Just to have something back from my past would be nice.

I'll know it's mine because my name is engraved on the inside.

Thanks! I know a lot of people go through those airports, so you never know.

(BTW, this is my very first post on any of these forums, and this wasn't even why I joined the site! I just bought my first metal detector!)

Thanks again!

OP
OP
S

Spenpess

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after I posted this I got to thinking, and looked up the airports, found their Lost and Found email address, and sent off emails to both of the airports. I'm actually starting to think that I may see my ring again one day!

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting permission to metal detect at an airport would be dang near impossible I would think...If it was lost there, the best you could hope for is that someone would turn it in to the lost and found.

HH,

OP
OP
S

Spenpess

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I was implying that anyone metal detect at an airport, I just figured that I'd post my lost item on the lost item site...8)

Not sure about titanium. Pretty sure it was "Lustrium". Were those made of titanium?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions