cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an old class ring today and would like to find the one who lost it. The problem is, the school insignia is missing so I don't know where it's from. I Do have the year and the person's initials but that's it. I believe it to be a Josten's ring but I haven't been able to find one exactly like it online yet. Maybe with that, I can contact Josten's and find out which schools in my area (and maybe others) used that style back in the early 50's and then contact the school or alumni organization. Any thoughts?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can try, But may be a lost cause without the school name.

Good Luck

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Hey, first thing I would do is post a picture of the ring cudamark. Many class rings have a look about them and a member might just recognize the ring (school).

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Hey, first thing I would do is post a picture of the ring cudamark. Many class rings have a look about them and a member might just recognize the ring (school).
I would imagine that Jostens sold this ring style to many different schools around the country that year but I guess it worth a shot. Hopefully, I won't get a bunch of scammers thinking they can claim it as they'll need to know the ring size and the inscription. Here's what it looks like....

Attachments

• 100_1180.jpg
    100_1180.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 293

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Cudamark! The person that lost it should be about 81ish if they're still with us. Congratulations.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine that Jostens sold this ring style to many different schools around the country that year but I guess it worth a shot. Hopefully, I won't get a bunch of scammers thinking they can claim it as they'll need to know the ring size and the inscription. Here's what it looks like....

Well first off Fletch is correct, the owner would be 81, Give or take.

Second, If you asked me what size Ring I had in High School I'd only be able to Guess.
a woman may be able to remember that, being some lived for Jewelry at 16, 17, 18 years of age.

Initials inside ? I'd have to guess 2 or 3 :dontknow: 1971 was a long time ago :laughing7:
in fact, I'm only "guessing" I purchased mine in '71

& still have & use the ring sizers here at my desk, When I find rings.

I do remember the shape though & I was only able to afford a Small size style

So odds are well against it ever being returned under anything but the year,
and persons initials at Graduation time. if a woman, they may have changed,
several times.

Every ring like that I returned were on the Honor System of ,
They said, "that was My Mother" I said, "Cool ! here ya go"

but in the case where no school name either, they become scrap. or yard sale items

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cuba mark - The ring finder here from Chris Turners group - I am the one who e-mailed you today about that ring on our secure e-mail!!! How long you been on TN?

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 2 1/2 years and 2100 messages ago! I gave you a yell when you joined as I couldn't ignore your screen name. I still plan on contacting you when I go to MN to visit the inlaws. I have a couple of friends in Ham Lake that I detect with also.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, yeah - I remember we talked. Good luck with the search for the class ring and give me a call for sure when your in Minnesota!!! Take care!

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first off Fletch is correct, the owner would be 81, Give or take.

Second, If you asked me what size Ring I had in High School I'd only be able to Guess.
a woman may be able to remember that, being some lived for Jewelry at 16, 17, 18 years of age.

Initials inside ? I'd have to guess 2 or 3 :dontknow: 1971 was a long time ago :laughing7:
in fact, I'm only "guessing" I purchased mine in '71

& still have & use the ring sizers here at my desk, When I find rings.

I do remember the shape though & I was only able to afford a Small size style

So odds are well against it ever being returned under anything but the year,
and persons initials at Graduation time. if a woman, they may have changed,
several times.

Every ring like that I returned were on the Honor System of ,
They said, "that was My Mother" I said, "Cool ! here ya go"

but in the case where no school name either, they become scrap. or yard sale items
That's what I figured too....around 80 or so. Looks like you and I are the same age as I graduated high school in '71 also. I'm hoping someone may recognize the ring pattern to help narrow down the search. Just because I found it locally, doesn't mean it came from a local school. If someone doesn't know their ring size, it wouldn't be hard to find out. Any jewelry store can measure you for free. I figure if some 80 year old knows the ring size, inscription, and where they lost it, it's probably theirs.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I figured too....around 80 or so. Looks like you and I are the same age as I graduated high school in '71 also. I'm hoping someone may recognize the ring pattern to help narrow down the search. Just because I found it locally, doesn't mean it came from a local school. If someone doesn't know their ring size, it wouldn't be hard to find out. Any jewelry store can measure you for free. I figure if some 80 year old knows the ring size, inscription, and where they lost it, it's probably theirs.

Yea I graduated in '73, But I think we ordered rings in 10th Grade

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a beautiful ring. Looks like you got your money's worth back then! Good luck on the return.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread