Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The below message is a direct cut and paste from The Ring Finders Facebook page.
sad story with a missing ring, and apparrently the Ring Finders weren't able to help.
Anyone in NC able to help out? And on a selfish side (we all have it, deep down inside-lol) note what I colored in red.
Please keep us posted if you reach out to him!
----------------------------------------- -----------------------
Eddy Tyner

I just saw the article on aol news where you guys found the gentleman's ring from 35 yrs at Olds. I've learned over the years that everyone has a story...well here's mine, my wife has battled type 3 stage 3 breast cancer,3 times,all in 4 years, this last time she found a lump herself,5 months out of chemo.At this time they still were working on her where they had removed her breasts and it was not healing, due to 39 radiations there from treatment the first time, she was wearing a wound vac until a few days ago and it is all wearing her down...She is a survivor, a fighter, and a true angel God put on this earth to strangers and family..And my hero.. We live on a plot of land that used to be a bean field aprox 2 acres, in a big area of where all her family owns land, we live beside her uncle and behind her grandparents place. About 10 years ago her grandfather was sick with cancer and she got a call and went running there, on the way loosing a ring..a cameo. We don't have a lot, but I know how much that ring meant to her,i borrowed a metal detector for a few days and took the same path back and forth, I just don't know what i'm doing, and I only had it a limited time..i would love to be able to buy one but that's not in the cards for us for a long time...If this sparks your interest or heart please respond and let me surprise her with at least she will be grateful for me trying and you guys taking a min to drop a line. Thank you Eddy Tyner

Like · · August 23 at 1:55pm near Hampstead, NC

2 people like this..

The Ring Finders Hello Eddy, Its Chris Turner CEO of The Ring Finders...I wish your wife well and please let me know where you are located so I can find someone to help you find your wife's lost ring...Best, Chris Turner

August 23 at 3:15pm · Like · 1..
Eddy Tyner: We are in Hampstead Nc 28443.....and thank you Chris first for taking the time to respond and secondly if any help is available it would be so fantastic...She is someone you will love to be around..much less help..i'm sure if you were interested there are literally 100's of acres of old homesteads and farms here you could also detect that is family owned going wayyy back...but my concern is this ring and the story behind it! thanx again Eddy Tyner

August 23 at 4:25pm · Like..
The Ring Finders: Hi Eddy, can you PM me your phone number my email address is... [email protected] talk soon,

August 23 at 5:00pm via mobile · Like · 1..
Eddy Tyner: done,hope to hear from ya soon!
August 24 at 11:56am · Like.
Paul Fitzpatrick :Any updates on this story????
December 6 at 10:34am · Unlike · 2..

Eddy Tyner: naw...was supposed to see them in sept..guess they are tied up

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently checking on this post with the ring finders - Will let you know.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a fellow member of The Ring Finders in Southport which looks to be the closest to you. A lot can happen on a farm in 10 years. If I was closer, I'd give it a whirl. Good luck!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tidajo - Chris is looking into what happened. Usually we find someone that is close enough to perform the search. When he gets back to me, I'll let you know. I might be out that way this summer - I would give it a shot!!!!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tidajo - Chris is looking into what happened. Usually we find someone that is close enough to perform the search. When he gets back to me, I'll let you know. I might be out that way this summer - I would give it a shot!!!!
I just had to say, Nice Nickname, LOL Ringfinder here from Ohio

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any fresh info on this subject? I'll be visiting my in-laws in Myrtle Beach pretty soon. If this guy is still interested in searching for the ring I'd be willing to take a ride up there to give it a shot. I also have a CoinMaster he could use if he'd like to join in the hunt. Sometimes these internet posting take on a life of their own and continue long after the problem is solved. I don't want to contact them if they don't still want or need help.

fredbug 67

Oct 12, 2013
Mahwah,NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -XP Deus-
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lost ring,Hampstead,NC-
I am from New Jersey and visiting and old friend in Charlotte,NC. Plan to head up to Hampstead Nc on Friday,March 21, 2014. I brought along all my metal detectors to hunt while I'm down here .
Some time has past since this story was posted,but I will attempt to get in touch with this person or relative and see if I can find the lost ring. If anyone has any info on this I can be emailed at [email protected] and my cell phone is 201-803-4523. Be there for 2 days and would love to help.
Fred Stedtler

fredbug 67

Oct 12, 2013
Mahwah,NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -XP Deus-
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To all who are interested;
I located Eddy Tyner after some detective work on my part. We agreed I would return on Saturday,March 22,2014 to search his property for his wife's lost cameo ring.
I came back Saturday- I was using my XP-Deus and after a brief lesson,I was joined by Eddy using my AT-Pro. I searched the entire route from his house to her Grandmother's house next door. I did not find the ring. I didn't find anything of interest and it was a frustrating day of false alarm hits with aluminum can/ slaw and other garbage items. I apologized to them for not finding anything. It was a beautiful day with temps. In the upper 70s. On Sunday I drove back to NJ- this morning it was 21 degrees and they are calling for snow on Tuesday- Oh well!
I would love to retrieve a lost item for someone and I'm sure someday I will. Until then,Good luck and Happy hunting to you all. Fred Stedtler

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread