Lost engagement ring in Cocoa Beach, FL

Jamiestar

Jul 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Jamie, and I lost my engagement ring somewhere in the vicinity of Cocoa Beach, near the lifeguard stand directly across from Ron Jon's free parking.

I lost it Friday, May 16, 2014. Not sure exactly what time - sometime in the morning. My husband and I were staying in the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. We woke up, drove over to Ron Jon's free parking, then walked almost directly across to the beach. I realized I was wearing my wedding jewelry, so we zipped both our wedding rings and my engagement ring into our beach bag pocket. After about an hour at the beach, we shopped a bit in Ron Jon's then headed to Epic Burrito Company for some lunch. When we got home, the weddings rings were still in the pocket but the engagement ring had vanished. We didn't leave the bag at any time so I don't think it was stolen. My best guess is that it fell out when my husband checked his cell phone for the time.

It's an antique art deco white gold ring from the 1930s, with a center round diamond surrounded by four triangular sapphires - my dream ring, truly irreplaceable and one-of-a-kind. I know you don't want to hear anyone's sob story but I have suffered a lot of senseless loss and death this past year and losing this symbol of our love, after all of that, was devastating.

I'm praying that a kind soul out there has picked up my ring and will somehow see this.

Will happily pay a cash reward. I just want it back.

Attachments

• er1.jpg
    er1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 125
  • er2.jpg
    er2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 351

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you haven't done it already you may want to post in the Florida forum as well. When your husband checked the time on his phone were you on the beach? If so, approximately where? If you lost it in the sand you have a better chance that a MDer will find/have found it. If you lost it in a shop or restaurant you don't have as much of a shot at recovering it by posting here. Good luck. I will pray that your ring is safely returned.

OP
OP
J

Jamiestar

Jul 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will post in the Florida forum - thank you for the suggestion.

Our approximate latitude/longitude was: 28.357448, -80.603988

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may also want to contact: TheRingFinders.com. It may be a little late to have a search done on the beach, but, they may have some ideas on other areas or they may know someone local who bragged about finding a nice ring like that. Good Luck!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may also want to contact: TheRingFinders.com. It may be a little late to have a search done on the beach, but, they may have some ideas on other areas or they may know someone local who bragged about finding a nice ring like that. Good Luck!
Good Idea! I forgot about them. And, Jamiestar, if you do get it back please post here. We'd love to hear the story. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread