Longmont CO Help

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I know this is a long shot, but I'm figuring it can't hurt...

15-20 years ago, i was messing around behind my house in Longmont CO, which backs up to Hover Park. Long story short, I lost a ring into the ditch that runs through the park. At the time, the ditch was full, but I still tried to us the cheapo kid-model metal detector my brother had - no luck. I'm still kicking my self that I didn't try again that winter when the ditch was empty, but I didn't (probably because the ring was sentimental to my dad, I just "liked" it). A number of years later, I came to understand the sentimental attachment, and went back in winter with a better metal detector I borrowed from a friend and tore that ditch apart. I worked 40 yards upstream of where I lost it, and 100 yards to a small dam. I dug up every pop can, can tab, foil wrapper, and discovered a water pipe about 2 feet down - but no ring. I know that they (the city I assume, but I don't know who for sure) occasionally brought a back hoe in and cleaned the ditch out, but I have never been able to figure out where the dirt was taken. Again, I'm assuming, but I would think it got used as fill dirt somewhere in the Longmont area.

So long story short, if anyone is metal detecting in the Longmont area and find the ring below, I would REALLY appreciate getting it back - I'll buy it back, what ever you want.

$(KGrHqN,!hME1foBMds5BNgNeeTW8Q~~_35.JPG

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find it, but a lot can happen to things lost in a public park over the span of 15-20 years.

OP
OP
AugustMoose87

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I know at this point million to 1 odds would be on the good side, I just figured it can't hurt to put it out there.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, cool looking ring....almost looks Boy Scouts but not quite. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread