My first dowsing/metal detector jewelry find of the year!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a call while at work that the woman pictured below was in a heated argument and her white gold w/ peridot setting engagement ring flew out a window. She said they heard the ring hit the concrete driveway.
She had rented a detector while waiting for me but didn't find anything. In the meantime, I pre dowsed an aerial of the house and dowsing indicated an easterly direction from the window. I found out she only lived 5 min from me and I thought how cool! I gathered up my gear and headed over. The winds here today were quite high, so much so I couldn't use the dowsing rod on site. We started searching with both metal detectors in their yard and came up with a few coins and junk but no ring. I decided to go into the neighbors yard and put myself on the trajectory I thought that the ring may have been on and the easterly direction dowsing indicated. The weird thing is that the closest concrete from their house was the neighbors driveway 40' from the window where the ring went flyin'. I was checking the grass area between the driveways and I thought..."did the ring actually hit the neighbors driveway?" in that eastward direction so I asked her to check the far side of the drive and the grass area beside the drive over there as I suspected that may be where it landed since I searched very tightly the grass area between the drives and nothing came up. As I started to walk towards her to see what was happening I heard an excited and enthusiastic WE FOUND IT! as the ring had settled off to the side of the neighbors driveway behind the red car in the pic.
So the ring did hit concrete...just 40' from their house. I enjoyed hunting with her and answering her questions about metal detectors and treasure hunting in general as this led to a new interest in metal detecting for her and a possible hunting partner in the future.

Jon

RFwhitegoldperidot04_21_15.jpg RFwhitegoldperidot04_21_15Keira.jpg

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't you read the story? I said I pre dowsed the location. That's all there is to it.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
So pre-dowsing lets you know there is a ring somewhere on the property? That's as far
as I'm going. :laughing7:

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and thank you!

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Yes I usually pre dowse any site I want to detect on either by photo and/or on site check and see what dowsing reveals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread