Lost Mans Wedding Band

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
White's, Prism 3, bought quite a few years ago, can't seem to get it out of my daughter's car!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost Man's Wedding Band

My husband lost his wedding band (quite a few years ago) he says he is not sure, he just noticed it was missing. It is/was a white gold wedding band with the initials SEAM inside. Could be in NJ, PA in the states. We traveled to Saba (through San Marteen airport and Philadelphia) to scuba dive, also to swim with whale sharks in Mexico, near Isla Mujeres.

Most likely it went into the trash as he took out the garbage :(

Thought I'd give it a shot.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
My husband lost his wedding band (quite a few years ago) he says he is not sure, he just noticed it was missing. It is/was a white gold wedding band with the initials SEAM inside. Could be in NJ, PA in the states. We traveled to Saba (through San Marteen airport and Philadelphia) to scuba dive, also to swim with whale sharks in Mexico, near Isla Mujeres.

Most likely it went into the trash as he took out the garbage :(

Thought I'd give it a shot.

Well I am sorry for your loss and his, well more so his, especially if his wife is the one making this attempt and not him.

I do wish you the best of luck, and highly encourage that you go out right now and purchase him a Minelab CTX 3030, a good pinpointer and digging tool. Then send him out to all the possible locations he could have lost it at. Tell him do not come home until he finds it.

This will teach him; i know I would hate it if I got such a pass, I mean punishment.

Kind Regards.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once received a call to find this guys lost ring at a near by lake. Him and friends were messing around on a sand bar when he think he lost it. I told him I'd try so he picks me up at the launch site with this $$$ boat and we take off to the sand bar. I collected my $50.00 fee and we get in the water, me with my Excel and him with mask and snorkel. After 3 Hrs. we didn't find the ring he described to me. But i found 5 other gold rings and couple junkers. There as a drop off near where he thinks he lost it. On the way back to the launch site I offered to return the fee but he would have none of it. I really wanted to find that ring for him and hunted that area twice more using my boat to get there. No go.:BangHead:

Why did I charge a fee? I've been duped before searching for rings that aren't lost. Clowns just wanna see the nerd waste his time. If a fee is charged it most likely means it's' really lost.

Sandman

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
White's, Prism 3, bought quite a few years ago, can't seem to get it out of my daughter's car!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the 'tip' Oddjob :) If he has not looked for it yet, I doubt he will, even with such a great pass! Just wanted to put it out there, just in case someone finds it. But not knowing where in our area he lost it makes it that much harder.

But ya never know....

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Why did I charge a fee? I've been duped before searching for rings that aren't lost. Clowns just wanna see the nerd waste his time. If a fee is charged it most likely means it's' really lost.
Sandman

I have no problem charging a fee for anything I do. I have a full time job, my wife runs/owns a full time business that I help out with, I have 3 kids under the age of 5, and I do extra consulting work. An hour in any given day is worth a lot to me and I have a set schedule that I need to go by. If someone wants me to break that schedule there needs to be a really good reason...I do favors for friends and love helping people out but Im not finding a ring for someone when I could be spending that time with my kids unless there is $$$ involved.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Wye, long time no see. ...Got a question about the first post. It says your husband lost the ring quite a few years ago but only recently noticed it. Is that mis-worded?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed that too, and was gonna offer some advice, till I realized the search area is within 1500 miles or so....
Doesn't SEAM the guy really cares about his ring.

OP
OP
W

WyeOak

Jun 11, 2016
Bayside, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KCM and Big Wave, my husband was never fond of wearing 'jewelry' as he calls it. But he did wear his wedding band for 14 years, we scuba dive and he is a golfer, plus always cleaning things with his dad, so could have been lost in a few places. He never told me when he lost it,one day he was not wearing it and I just noticed it was gone.

Since it has an engraving (as does mine) When I stumbled on this site, I thought, 'why not ask' I have been on other sites, I think there is one for just lost rings all over the world. I posted there but never got any response.

Hope this clears things up :) Thought of getting another made, but we bought both on a scuba trip, so it wouldn't be the seam...I mean same !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread