Class ring sent back!!! No registerd mail for H>M just wanted to get done with it

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Class ring sent back!!! No registerd mail for H>M just wanted to get done with it

If you followed my original thread I got a little worried about this bieng stolen..Thanks for all the great advice thats why I love this site!!!!@!!!!! I didnt send it registered mail , or want to meet just because it got a little wierd!!!!!,I contacted the school which is 15 mins from here they gave the person with the initials my number. She is in Mi also she has never heard of the park I found the ring in!!! She did describe initials and stone color, and did go to that school here in michigan in 1973 Though she is sure it was stolen along with her wedding ring by her baby sitter in California. I called the school to see if anyone else had these initials twice no reply but this lady says there was another person with the same initials and she will try to find her,if its not hers but she says she thinks it is and described it well. I sent her the ring I was hoping it would be an easy deal and not so messy!!! I think this ring is stolen property if it is hers I guess that could be with any ring. I will return rings if I can just because I would want the same from someone else. I dont want to see names or initials either JUST ME< I will think harder about returning rings from now on and try to find a better approach to it!!!!!!@@!!!!!!

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did well in my book for what its worth. Wish you many more rings in your future that are not potential returns and keepers for you to do as you wish!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did well in my book for what its worth. Wish you many more rings in your future that are not potential returns and keepers for you to do as you wish!
I hope for that also . Its my first return it kinda went sideways on me!!!!!

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably feels good to just wipe your hands clean of the situation......

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats that old saying, "No good deed goes unpunished." :icon_scratch:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When and if you ever get another return I hope it ends better, it really is enjoyable to return one when there isn't the backstory this one had.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this Thread moved to Lost & Found.

your original sent to Honorable Mention.

no proof of registered mail needed for Honorable Mention.
the picture of the find. and your Honorable character will suffice
[h=2][/h]

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kudos to you Tommy, glad to see you are a "good guy" :notworthy: and not a "pirate":blackbeard:. I nominate honorable mention.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you followed my original thread I got a little worried about this bieng stolen..Thanks for all the great advice thats why I love this site!!!!@!!!!! I didnt send it registered mail , or want to meet just because it got a little wierd!!!!!,I contacted the school which is 15 mins from here they gave the person with the initials my number. She is in Mi also she has never heard of the park I found the ring in!!! She did describe initials and stone color, and did go to that school here in michigan in 1973 Though she is sure it was stolen along with her wedding ring by her baby sitter in California. I called the school to see if anyone else had these initials twice no reply but this lady says there was another person with the same initials and she will try to find her,if its not hers but she says she thinks it is and described it well. I sent her the ring I was hoping it would be an easy deal and not so messy!!! I think this ring is stolen property if it is hers I guess that could be with any ring. I will return rings if I can just because I would want the same from someone else. I dont want to see names or initials either JUST ME< I will think harder about returning rings from now on and try to find a better approach to it!!!!!!@@!!!!!!

This is my first experience with this post.

That said it sounds like you did the right thing.
Good Job.

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a very similar experience with the only class ring I ever found. It had been stolen 15 years earlier, and I found it in a park a long ways off. After doing the research and writing an article about it for a small town paper, I finally had somebody who knew the person that matched the year and initials on the ring.

I met the person for the return of the ring, and didn't even get a thanks or offer of lunch. It seemed like I was bothering them by returning their fat chunk of gold.

I agree with you about doing for others as you would want them to do to you, but damn I hope I don't find any more gold class rings soon. Make mine unmarked!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did she receive the ring?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007