$150,000 earing in lake (Atlanta Falcons' player)

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Uh oh...
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is not hurting for money, but the two-time All-Pro pulled out all the stops to locate a $150,000 earring he lost while riding a jet ski.
Per Brendan Keefe and Christopher Buchanan of WXIA 11 Alive, Jones hired a dive team to scour Lake Lanier for the valuable piece of jewelry after it fell into the water when he hit a boat wake.
Unfortunately for Jones, it doesn't sound like the chances of finding his earring are good.
"It's down in crevasses and nooks and crannies," salvage diver Richard Pickering told WXIA. "It's impossible—absolutely impossible."

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It MUST be nice to be able to afford that and then hire a dive team to find it. WOW

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can understand it, players make millions but close to half or more goes to taxes and agent. Where is ScubaDetector when you need him??? He finds everything. Haha

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A total waste of money in paying that much for a earring.

I agree, that's the alpha male pro football player culture tho. They like to show off how rich they are but then a lot of players are broke when they leave football because of overspending. Super stupid.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, that's the alpha male pro football player culture tho. They like to show off how rich they are but then a lot of players are broke when they leave football because of overspending. Super stupid.

Let us not forget they also get traumatic, brain injuries as well. Speaking of injuries, your avatar is about to give me yet another seizure and again I'm not epileptic either or at least I wasn't! :o

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Debating on whether or not it should be returned or kept. Guess it should since he didn't get a Ring.

edit#1: ..Then again, maybe it shouldn't since he didn't get a Ring.

edit#2: Maybe the finder should get three quarters of the way there, and then lose it.

edit#4: .. Maybe we should cut to the chase and just give it to Tom Brady..

I already posted this in another thread about the same topic, but I figured this post is worth about the same as the earring. At least more than Julio Jones' Super Bowl winnings.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I were a fisherman on that lake I'd run a pinpointer over the tummy of any fish I caught before releasing it. ;-)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was really determined to recover the earring, I'd check into using a suction dredge in that area.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't cry over spilt milk if you don't have any milk. They buy expensive things and then snivel when it gets lost. Boo Hoo I have no sympathy for them. Either one of them could have supported an Orphanage in India for a year, for a fraction of that money and I would be better spent.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Paying 6 figures for an earring... Wearing it while jet-skiing... Hiring a dive team to search for it...

Lunacy on so many levels...

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is proof that you don't have to be smart to be rich.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paying 6 figures for an earring... Wearing it while jet-skiing... Hiring a dive team to search for it...

Lunacy on so many levels...

What about lack of insurance? Can add that to your lunacy list.

Chub

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about lack of insurance? Can add that to your lunacy list.

Chub
Its just proof that they are all knuckleheads. In my line of work I have had interaction with a lot of the sports team members and rappers and Movie TV stars or not so much. Most of them are such that you can't wait to get away from them. There are exceptions to the rule. Jay Leno, Conan O'Brian Tom Hanks, are a few examples that are upstanding individuals. The rest.... well lets just say, I never met a rapper that I wanted to Hang with.

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Debating on whether or not it should be returned or kept. Guess it should since he didn't get a Ring.

edit#1: ..Then again, maybe it shouldn't since he didn't get a Ring.

edit#2: Maybe the finder should get three quarters of the way there, and then lose it.

edit#4: .. Maybe we should cut to the chase and just give it to Tom Brady..

I already posted this in another thread about the same topic, but I figured this post is worth about the same as the earring. At least more than Julio Jones' Super Bowl winnings.

That was actually one of the best replies I have read in a while...nicely done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions