Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matteo & Don, I tried my luck with trying to find information on LT Julius P. Lewis...coming up with the same info y'all have already. I searched the data bases with Find A Grave for the listing of him, brother, father, mother & grandparents names listed on the census. No such names listed at all.

Next, I remember several years back before the great flood of August 2016, where I lost everything I owned. I do remember helping with an American GI's found dog tags by Matteo in Italy. Matteo posted the tags, I found the name in Find A Grave's data base as buried in the American Cemetery in Italy. I also found photos of him, since no pics was on his memorial, I posted his photo along with the dog tags. I can't find the post about it anywhere on TNet. I don't remember his name cause I lost all in the flood. There's over 10,000 names to sort through and you have to do it listings of A's, B's etc.

Do y'all happened to know what happened to the post? I went through all of Matteo's posts...just not having any luck.

RR

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, I'm River Rat from the very beginning. No, it was here cause I was moderator at the time plus I don't belong to any other threads.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I did a cursory search and could not find your post. Perhaps knowing that Matteo's post was pre-August of 2016 and concerns only a dog tag may assist him in finding his original post that you seek.
Don........

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
I found this, hadn't been posted, shows Herbert and other siblings, everything seems to match up, couldn't find anything definitive on FB, you never know, there are some possibilities.

[FONT=&quot]
Age22, born abt 1918
BirthplaceDistrict of Columbia
GenderMale
RaceWhite
Home in 19404606 Eighth St
Washington,
District of Columbia, District of Columbia
Household Members Age
HeadJoseph Lewis
WifeMeriam Lewis
SonHerbert B Lewis
SonJulius P Lewis
SonMaurece Lewis

Not the Julius P Lewis you were looking for? View more results from the 1940 Census.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
This snapshot of Julius P Lewis's life was captured by the 1940 U.S. Census.
When Julius P Lewis was born about 1918, his father, Joseph, was 32 and his mother, Meriam, was 26. In 1940, he was 22 years old and lived in Washington, District of Columbia, with his father, mother, and 2 brothers.

[/FONT]

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matteo & Don, I tried my luck with trying to find information on LT Julius P. Lewis...coming up with the same info y'all have already. I searched the data bases with Find A Grave for the listing of him, brother, father, mother & grandparents names listed on the census. No such names listed at all.

Next, I remember several years back before the great flood of August 2016, where I lost everything I owned. I do remember helping with an American GI's found dog tags by Matteo in Italy. Matteo posted the tags, I found the name in Find A Grave's data base as buried in the American Cemetery in Italy. I also found photos of him, since no pics was on his memorial, I posted his photo along with the dog tags. I can't find the post about it anywhere on TNet. I don't remember his name cause I lost all in the flood. There's over 10,000 names to sort through and you have to do it listings of A's, B's etc.

Do y'all happened to know what happened to the post? I went through all of Matteo's posts...just not having any luck.

RR
I believe this is the thread you were referring to River Rat.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/196372-morning-salerno-battlefield.html

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Diggummup! I just didn't see the dog tag on the 1st page and did not scroll down to the 2nd page. Sure would of beat the heck out of scrolling through 10,000+ names in the cemetery, Then I thought about my contributions to Find A Grave & like I stated above scrolled through almost 4,000 names to find at the very ending.

StringRash

Mar 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matteo and Don,

One of the earlier posts indicated that Lt. Lewis' nephew, Gerald L. Lewis, lived in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990. Mount Laurel is in Burlington County. I searched the Burlington County tax records and found a deed transfer from Gerald Lewis to Melody Lewis in 2011. The deed showed an address for Gerald in Palm Coast, Florida. I did a little searching on the web for Melody Lewis and found links to Gerald L. Lewis. Long story made short, I found contact information for Gerald L. Lewis that appears to be more current. It is as follows:

Gerald L. Lewis
4 Surrey Ct.
Palm Coast, FL 32137-7364
Cell: (609) 231-1204
Landline: (856) 231-1204
Email: [email protected]

I don't know how accurate any of this information is. This was all public domain info on FastPeopleSearch, so it could all be wrong. However, FastPeopleSearch listed the address I saw on the deed as one of Gerald Lewis' previous addresses. That lends a little credibility to their info. The cell number is not registered in his name. The landline number appears to have been issued in Burlington County New Jersey. I hope this helps.

Dave

Last edited:

StringRash

Mar 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to mention that Melody E. Lewis is Gerald L. Lewis' wife. I was able to confirm that (856) 231-1204 was a phone number used by Melody and Gerald Lewis in 2004 when they lived in New Jersey. It may still be a good number.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matteo La Boccia

Matteo La Boccia

Apr 21, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear friends,
please excuse my silence. I had some health problems and I not received confimation of your replies to this tread from TN. I not know the reason. Therefore I put also here my email [email protected] if someone want to contact me directly. Your work is wonderful. I greatly appreciated your efforts to find relatives of airman. I'm also in contact with Gerardo Ciccone and his father hoping will be possibile for us help they to return the pen. Here is a photo of Gerardo, father and some of us on crash site.
I also received IDPF from USA but there is not useful information to contact relatives but I stille hope.
Best regards from Italy and again THANKS!

Attachments

• 20170923_094800.jpg
    20170923_094800.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
OP
OP
Matteo La Boccia

Matteo La Boccia

Apr 21, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matteo,
Good to hear from you again.
Any new finds your group has discovered that needs further information?
Don.......

Hi Don. I hope you are in good health. I also send a private message for you some days ago on TN. Do you received?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Matteo,
I don't see the PM you sent; please resend.
I did submit a short response to your SN13314114 request for info.
Time permitting, I'll dig deeper.
Glad to see you back and healthy again.
Don.......

OP
OP
Matteo La Boccia

Matteo La Boccia

Apr 21, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matteo,
I don't see the PM you sent; please resend.
I did submit a short response to your SN13314114 request for info.
Time permitting, I'll dig deeper.
Glad to see you back and healthy again.
Don.......

Thanks Don. I not understand because I not found my message to you in mail sent on TN....
However I want simply inform you that I received IDPF from USA and that information in it simply confirm that you and other friends already discovered about Lewis family. No good information to find someone of his relatives....
Again thanks.

maybreak

Jan 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matteo,

I have found a surviving member of this family, who confirmed details of this lost airman. I am sending him the link to this thread, your website, and your email. This individual is no longer in the MD area.

OP
OP
Matteo La Boccia

Matteo La Boccia

Apr 21, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matteo,

I have found a surviving member of this family, who confirmed details of this lost airman. I am sending him the link to this thread, your website, and your email. This individual is no longer in the MD area.

Great! Many thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread