Nice Reward Lesson For All

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
It pays to be honest and do the right thing! From an old 1901 Wyoming newspaper. valuable find 1901.jpg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I returned a class ring years ago. When I opened the door with the ring in my hand, the guy grabbed it and said "I thought I lost it", and gone he was with NO thank you.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I returned a class ring years ago. When I opened the door with the ring in my hand, the guy grabbed it and said "I thought I lost it", and gone he was with NO thank you.

One of my boys found a school teachers' wallet in the grocery store. He opened it up and counted the money and walked off.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my boys found a school teachers' wallet in the grocery store. He opened it up and counted the money and walked off.

Yeah. Perhaps this is our "Modern World".

Seems no one cares about the good guys anymore.

But, I have friends who do the right thing every single day.

Steve Sims, my friend I salute you period. Indian Steve for you guys, one very decent human being.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It could have been worse. One of our club members made arrangements to return a women's class ring he found. When he arrived at her place with the ring, he was arrested and charged with theft. He was found not guilty (a few of us were in the courtroom in case he needed us to testify about his metal detecting...) but was out lawyer's fees.

I have found several class rings, but have no desire to be falsely accused of a crime.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. Perhaps this is our "Modern World".

Seems no one cares about the good guys anymore.

But, I have friends who do the right thing every single day.

Steve Sims, my friend I salute you period. Indian Steve for you guys, one very decent human being.

I disagree that this is anything new. I still remember trying to return a $20 excess change to a clerk at a drug store over 50 years ago. I was picking up a prescription for my mother and handed him a $20 bill. He gave me change for the 20 - plus the original 20 that I had given him. When i tried to explain to him that he gave me too much change, he flew into a rage and loudly and profanely cursed me out. So much for trying to do the right thing...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The world is full of idiots and ingrates

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its good to get a good response I do it cause its the kind of person I want to be no expectations on them but does make ya think twice

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A2, I couldn't agree more. I tell my granddaughter to do the right thing even when no one is looking. It is about integrity.

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a shame but that is much of the entitled world we live in. But you have to remember that all people are not ---holes and it really makes you feel good when someone really appreciates it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I RETURNED A CLAASS RING -- it was found at a local beach area park * and had the owners name in it -- found the address --turns out the grandma lived there with her "granddaughter" -- well the granddaughter told the grandma she "lost it" while at school --when it was returned the granny asked where was it found ? --I told her and she then told me the grandkids lie * --the granny had bought her the ring --bottomline was she was playing hookey with her boyfriend at the beach (park) it seems ..and was not at school at all ...no thank you was given for the rings return by the girl....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions