Finding a bracelet...

kentuckycornelius

May 14, 2021
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding a lost gold bracelet with an Equinox...

I've been on a great permission site that to anyone's knowledge has never been detected. The owner stopped by yesterday and we were chatting and his wife mentioned she lost her gold bracelet in their current residence a number of years ago. I told her I would try to find it for her as a thank you for letting me detect on their old property. I've never actually found a gold bracelet before so I tested with my wife's (shh, don't tell her!) tennis bracelet. On my Equinox, it rang low, -1 to 1, at about 4 - 6 inches, with one tone. At 1 - 2 inches it still rang in the same range, but I got the distinctive multiple tones consistent with other bracelet and necklaces I've found closer to the surface. So if you're still reading, here's my question: On the Equinox detectors, is -1 to 1 a consistent range for gold bracelets? I only had one bracelet to test with. I'd like to narrow my VDI as much as possible so I'm not digging every piece of foil that got dropped or blew into that yard. If I go between -2 and 2 is that wide enough or do I need to go wider? I'll be hunting in Park 2 or Field 2 and am going to set F2 to 0, recovery to 5, multi-frequency, sensitivity as high as I can get it, noise cancel, ground balance, and discriminate out everything except a narrow band the bracelet could fall into. Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bracelet could be anywhere on the scale depending on it's biggest segment.....usually the clasp if the chain links are tiny. Try to get a photo of the bracelet, or, at least a good detailed description of it to determine the size of it's biggest part. Purity and if there are other metals on the chain with the gold is important too. I'd start in Field 2 all metal and go from there. If you don't find it using that mode, switch over to Gold 1 and prepare to dig some tiny targets! Your other settings look good.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bracelet could be anywhere on the scale depending on it's biggest segment.....usually the clasp if the chain links are tiny. Try to get a photo of the bracelet, or, at least a good detailed description of it to determine the size of it's biggest part. Purity and if there are other metals on the chain with the gold is important too. I'd start in Field 2 all metal and go from there. If you don't find it using that mode, switch over to Gold 1 and prepare to dig some tiny targets! Your other settings look good.
Try also to find out how long it has been gone. On recent lost items if i am just looking for a recent lost item i back my sensitivity way off. In your case DIG it ALL !! and DO NOT BaCK yours off

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread