Florida Lost Wedding Ring - PLEASE HELP!

BureFreak

Mar 26, 2007
Lake Mary, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Today while visiting the beach at Ft. DeSoto Beach, FL, just south of St. Petersburg, I lost my wedding ring while on the beach. The ring is only a $100 titanium ring, but I will gladly pay $200 to anyone who can locate and return the ring. I lost it almost directly in front of the FIRST LARGE, single tree on the NORTH BEACH when driving away from the fort north. I am desperate to get the ring back. :'( :'( :'( Please let me know if you can be of any assistance.

Thanks,

Nathan

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I can figure out exactly where you lost it (I'm very familiar with Fort DeSoto), I'm down for Spring Break with my friends this week and will be going out to North Beach soon. I was down at Venice Beach today doing some detecting, so I can try my best to locate it for you when I go out. Can you maybe use Microsoft LIVEmaps to show me exactly where it was that you lost it, then I can search for you as soon as I'm able to go out there?

Bran <><

OP
OP
B

BureFreak

Mar 26, 2007
Lake Mary, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Do you have the link to get to the Microsoft LIVEMaps? I will be happy to pinpoint exactly where we were at. Thanks for your help!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://maps.live.com/

No problem... I'm going out there anyway, and it would give me something to try for.

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I haven't heard from you yet... and I'm going out there today. So I guess that I'll just do my best to decipher where you lost it at.
If you're able, call my cell today and let me know if it's by the Fort, or down at North Beach. The place I'm taking all my friends will be the where the RED X is on the map. The BLUE X is where the Fort is...
If you lost your ring near either place, let me know. I'll PM you my cell number.

Bran <><

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,932

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
godisnum1 said:
Well, I haven't heard from you yet... and I'm going out there today. So I guess that I'll just do my best to decipher where you lost it at.
If you're able, call my cell today and let me know if it's by the Fort, or down at North Beach. The place I'm taking all my friends will be the where the RED X is on the map. The BLUE X is where the Fort is...
If you lost your ring near either place, let me know. I'll PM you my cell number.

Bran <><

you can hunt at this site?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bridgeendfarm said:

You're "technically" only supposed to hunt between the tide & the dune... that's specific for my lifetime permit.
Although, you should be able to detect wherever you'd like if you're looking for a piece of lost jewelry that you've lost.
I'll be fine anyway, because this is the sandy trail and the beach area past the dunes... so I shouldn't be anywhere else but there.
I didn't know for sure where it was located, until Nathan gave me a call today. Now I've got an idea and a map printed out, I'll hit it up next time we're out there again (possibly tomorrow)

Bran <><

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 1,909

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
godisnum1 said:
bridgeendfarm said:

You're "technically" only supposed to hunt between the tide & the dune... that's specific for my lifetime permit.
Although, you should be able to detect wherever you'd like if you're looking for a piece of lost jewelry that you've lost.
I'll be fine anyway, because this is the sandy trail and the beach area past the dunes... so I shouldn't be anywhere else but there.
I didn't know for sure where it was located, until Nathan gave me a call today. Now I've got an idea and a map printed out, I'll hit it up next time we're out there again (possibly tomorrow)

Bran <><

good luck again, hope you find it. knew you could hunt for something "you" personally lost in state parks. Tell me about this lifetime permit you mentioned? I am interested if theses are available still?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bridgeendfarm said:
good luck again, hope you find it. knew you could hunt for something "you" personally lost in state parks. Tell me about this lifetime permit you mentioned? I am interested if theses are available still?

Thanks! I went out today and hunted for a while, probably covering about 600 or more feet of beach. I started in front of the afore mentioned tree, then walked back & forth from the tide to the dunes toward the Fort, dragging my feet to make lines in the sand which I used as a grid. I couldn't believe how much area I covered. I'm definitely sure that I uncovered about two 12 packs worth of beer cans today strewn across the beach. I also got burns on top of my existing sunburn, because I forgot to put on suntan lotion. ::)
I'm gonna try once again to find it the next time we head out there. We'll see if I'm able to turn up anything. :-\

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Sure sweet of you to put so much effort into helping find it! Don't forget the sunblock next trip!! :nono:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
Sure sweet of you to put so much effort into helping find it! Don't forget the sunblock next trip!! :nono:

Nah, it's cool. I've enjoyed it because it's given me a little goal.
Here's what I get for not using sunscreen like a good boy...
n500498603_370645_8574.jpg

And here's me doing my thing down in Venice Beach...
n500498603_370614_9664.jpg

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Young man you best use some sunscreen next time!! I know...the mom coming out in me! :wink: Good luck finding the ring! ~hugsnprayers~

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
wow you did get red, hope you sleep tonight with that. Be praying for you on it. Nice effort still on it I commend you for that. Good luck with more searching. When you have time still like to know about theses life time permits

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
Young man you best use some sunscreen next time!! I know...the mom coming out in me! :wink: Good luck finding the ring! ~hugsnprayers~

Yes ma'am, I'll do my best to remember it next time! My mom just shook her head at me today when she saw how red my friends & I managed to get! lol :D

bridgeendfarm said:
wow you did get red, hope you sleep tonight with that. Be praying for you on it. Nice effort still on it I commend you for that. Good luck with more searching. When you have time still like to know about theses life time permits

I hope I sleep well too. Last night was hard enough when I was burnt, now it's twice as bad after today's outing.
I do apologize, I guess it slipped my mind. The Lifetime pass is easily acquired at the ranger station, directly under the big huge American flag at the T-section of the park. It's kinda hard to miss. The business hours are kinda weird, but if you get there early in the morning, you'll have nothing to worry about. Once you get in there, they'll just have you show your drivers license and then fill out a small little form and then they'll give you a copy. That's it! Just make sure you keep your copy on you, even though I've never been asked about it by anyone, except for a tourist a couple days ago out on the beach. He must of heard about it from word-of-mouth or something. *shrugs*

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was able to get out one last time before I left Florida last Friday, and swept the beach for a good part of the afternoon... but nothing, aside from those darn beer cans. :-( I definitely gave it my best shot though! I hope maybe someone is able to try and look for it for you Nathan... I think there's still some people down there that might be able to. I'm gonna be stuck up here for at least another 6 weeks, IF I even get to go home this Summer.

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FSS said:
This is BS don't waste your time!

Why would you say that helping someone else find something they lost is BS??
There's nothing better than trying to help someone else when they need it... plus, it wasn't time wasted because I was on vacation for Spring Break anyway... I had some time to spare.

Bran <><

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Bran I congratulate you for your efforts! How would anyone know if the post was BS or not? Can't hurt to look and maybe find other good stuff in the process! Hope you always find gold and continue to be a good person!

whizbang

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2008
Bran, I don't know what FSS's problem might be, but in my opinion, you are a darn fine human being. God Bless You.
I'm still hoping to find something someday that I can return to the someone who lost it. So many of us have lost things at some point that meant a great deal to us. If you are then fortunate enough to have had that item returned you may have been overwhelmed with happiness and relief. It's selfish maybe, but imagine how good you would feel to be able to do that for someone. It's great stuff. Hey, FSS, don't kid yourself, that's not BS man, that's God's Work.
I do hope this person had their ring returned to them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread