JESUIT TREASURES - ARE THEY REAL?

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt. Kirmet at Helm.jpg Any sailor who claims to have never have run aground either lies or never leaves the dock.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen, every once in a while, EVERY thread needs to go on a tangent. There can only be so much researching, learning, teaching, typing, and reading. Every so often you have to throw in a couple of pages of Beer Pong!

Mike

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm easily distracted but mean gollum no disrespect. I have gained alot of knowledge from interest in this thread, enough perhaps to be dangerous...

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beer Pong:

Beer Bong:

or Beer Thong:

Its all the same!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Since most of the good folks have gone to the rendezvous, the inmates have taken over the asylum. Now that they are back, we can hopefully wrest control of the thread back and resume some real discussion regarding our friends, the Jesuits.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sanctimonious little peckerwood, aren't you? :laughing7:

Why didn't YOU post something on Topic instead of whining again? :dontknow:

Speaking of which.. I haven't seen you post anything worthwhile in this thread. Wanna take a stab at it?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Nah, my comments are pretty much reserved for the OP. :love5: But please....feel free to whine some more, I find it entertaining, and an interesting window into the psyche(s) of you "good folks". :wink:

Please do continue. :happy1:

Well, what do you think of the Jesuits? Do you believe they had treasure?

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, what do you think of the Jesuits? Do you believe they had treasure?

There's a difference between believing and knowing! You believe God exists, but you know the IRS is there!

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder TN is a family friendly forum, this includes videos posted.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a difference between believing and knowing! You believe God exists, but you know the IRS is there!

Mike

Those of us that have walked the walk, including you, know.

I am interested in whether others think so, and if not, then to further sharpen the logic of my arguments in the process, for when I will really need them.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those of us that have walked the walk, including you, know.

I am interested in whether others think so, and if not, then to further sharpen the logic of my arguments in the process, for when I will really need them.

Although I haven't specifically discussed this with her, I can't imagine that with the amount of research Judy has done, that she would be skeptical of Jesuit Wealth. I don't wish to put words in her mouth though. HAHAHA

Mike

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Although I haven't specifically discussed this with her, I can't imagine that with the amount of research Judy has done, that she would be skeptical of Jesuit Wealth. I don't wish to put words in her mouth though. HAHAHA

Mike

Would love it if she could share some of that with us. I'm always interested in learning new things.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lmao...:-* Darling, it's taking everything I got, but I will exercise extreme restraint on that comment. :-X :wink:

You have no idea how much I wanted to add a few choice words to that statement....................... but since this is a family friendly forum ........................ I will refrain! HAHAHA

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay kiddies,

For thee of little faith, I have decided to share some more knowledge. There are some that discount the finding of the Jesuit Cache in Rio de Janeiro because of one of the sources of the story "The Bay of Plenty Times" in Australia. Even though the other reference is from the Canada Law Journal, you seem to discount that as well. In reality, this story was very big news in July of 1891. There were retellings of the story during that month and the month of August (of the same year) in papers in every major city in the United States. Here are a few examples:

Fort_Worth_Daily_Gazette_Tue__Jul_21__1891_.jpg Fort_Worth_Daily_Gazette_Thu__Jul_23__1891_.jpg The_Atchison_Champion_Thu__Jul_23__1891_.jpg The_Times_Picayune_Tue__Jul_21__1891_.jpg

I have twenty or so other versions of the same story in papers from Pennsylvania to California.

And should that not be enough, this story from 1901, goes into much more detail and even tells of more finds in the same complex, and more that was still hidden!

The_Cincinnati_Enquirer_Sat__Jul_20__1901_ (2).jpg The_Cincinnati_Enquirer_Sat__Jul_20__1901_ (3).jpg

Enjoy - Mike

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You find the opinions/beliefs of others necessary in order to "sharpen the logic of your arguments"? Strange indeed, I have never found my own logic to be dependent on the opinions of others.

Allow me to clarify- were you to disagree with me that no, there are no Jesuit treasures, I would be compelled to debate with you, and offer examples and proofs, and so hopefully would others more knowledgeable than I, and in the course of renewed debate, some new facts may emerge that would provide me with further avenues of research, as it has in the past, in this thread.

But, be that as it may, I will answer your question....Yes, the Jesuits had wealth, unquestionably. Did they have treasures that they squirreled away? Yes, there is no question in my mind. Does my opinion affect the keeness of your blade...I very much doubt so. Is my opinion superior to others here like Mike and Roy (Oroblanco), who are extremely well versed? Not a chance. Will I share my research with you? Not likely at this point. I am enjoying watching you wallow in your superiority. You were the one squawking about my presence here and clamoring for the floor... so grab that Whiney Bull by the horns Darlin'....the floor is all yours. :wave:

Not a problem if you chose not to share, but I would be interested in knowing if your research is focused on the Jesuits of the Southwest, or in general?

Not sure what you are mistaking as being superiority coming from my end as I have no need of such things. My knowledge doesn't benefit from anything taken off GE, and while I can appreciate the depth of your love affair with Mike, belly button lint and all, I'm afraid that my knowledge of all things Jesuits doesn't really benefit from that either. :hello:

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allow me to clarify- were you to disagree with me that no, there are no Jesuit treasures, I would be compelled to debate with you, and offer examples and proofs, and so hopefully would others more knowledgeable than I, and in the course of renewed debate, some new facts may emerge that would provide me with further avenues of research, as it has in the past, in this thread.

Not a problem if you chose not to share, but I would be interested in knowing if your research is focused on the Jesuits of the Southwest, or in general?

Not sure what you are mistaking as being superiority coming from my end as I have no need of such things. My knowledge doesn't benefit from anything taken off GE, and while I can appreciate the depth of your love affair with Mike, belly button lint and all, I'm afraid that my knowledge of all things Jesuits doesn't really benefit from that either. :hello:

HEY! My belly button lint is an EXCELLENT source of fiber and vitamin E!

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread