What was the route?

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize this may be a silly question to ask but what was the route Pegleg would have taken from Yuma to L.A? I was reading some of the older threads and there was some debate about whether it was north of the Salton Sea or south of it. It seems that south would have been a more direct route. Also, the Salton Sea wasn't even formed at that point, right? So it's entirely possible that his gold is submerged under the sea now? What am I missing here?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
C-12: Pegleg Looker posted a nice map on this thread: The Lost Mines of the Desert - Part III: The Peg -Leg Mine (below).

While there wasn't a Salton "Sea" back then, there was a depression - the Salton Sink. There had to be a low spot for the water to fill in.

You've put your finger on the key to the mystery - Where Is It?

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

PS: There are a lot more silly answers than there are silly questions...

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm convinced that if it exists, it's submerged right now. How many people have tried diving and searching in the Salton Sea?

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Hey CustomX,
The Salton Sea is 31 feet deep average, max is 52 feet. Look for the 3 hills sticking
up above the water, couldn't be easier.
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread