Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    us
    Feb 2008
    Pikeville, Ky
    Garrett Ace 250
    7 times
    Historical Artifact Preservation

Re: (Pics) mine w/ chestnut burr above

Hey Seth,
    what ever happened with your find back on the mountain?
    Did you ever get to go down into that cave?

us
    "Seek And Ye Shall Find"

Feb 2009
    EASTERN KENTUCKY
    MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfan
    While it could be a point about the burr rock, Swift mentions other formations such as "the lighthouse". it was a rock described as resembling a lighthouse. That's what makes me think the chestnut burr rock would have looked like a chestnet burr. But I still wouldn't rule it out. Because what if that marker was mentioned that way to throw off "other parties"? Hmmm...just a thought.
    I totally agree, i believe maybe Swift would have mentioned somethings to throw people off, that he would have only knew.........Also the "journals" and "maps" i believe some things were added and taken out in the many times it was copied. The good thing about this that the journals all match on certain points....
    "A picture can speak a thousand words"

us
    "Seek And Ye Shall Find"

Feb 2009
    EASTERN KENTUCKY
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by DMSDAK
    Well I had three people interested in going down into it, however none of them ever made anything of it. So it still sits unexplored I do believe.

Seth
    I have the same trouble here, id love to have someone join me out from time to time but can never find anyone who will join me out in the woods.....there are a few caves here I'd like to explore but will not go in them alone....Its always good to have someone with just in case something bad may occur....

us
    "Seek And Ye Shall Find"

Feb 2009
    EASTERN KENTUCKY
    1 times

Thought id post a picture of some of the quartz like i have been finding around the site of this mine/cave....I have herd before from others that when you find quartz its a good sign, and can usually find Silver or Gold, or other metals nearby. I have been finding all sorts of quartz's, like geodes, some agate, and a small crystal clear like quartz....... What is very interesting is that the agate and geodes are washing out of the ground from a fracture in the earth very near this mine/cave, these fracture occur along some fault lines...and as some of us know that faults bring valuable metals to the surface where they can be found.........of coarse you have geologist that speculate and claim that the rock layers aren't supportive of metals in the rock found here in Ky, but how do they really know for sure when they only study certain areas and claim silver cannot be found here. People find iron, and lead all of the time in the ground around here, so who's to say that silver cant be found as well? I believe geologist and other national forest officials only claim that nothing can be found to keep the many treasure hunters, and Swift believers away from digging and destroying the many rock shelters, caves and other natural habitats keeping them safe.

Although their very well could be small veins of pure silver around the mountains of Kentucky, I believe mostly any silver that will be found will be found in Iron ore, and or lead deposits..... Swift describes another metal that was found as well that he thought was useful when smelting his Ore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MINE hike 001.JPG 
Views:	1966 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	336575  

us
    "Seek And Ye Shall Find"

Feb 2009
    EASTERN KENTUCKY
    1 times

The scientific evidence seems to
    preclude fabulous silver treasure being mined
    in Kentucky. Geologists as well as park
    naturalists, rangers, and other knowledgeable
    officials I interviewed expressed skepticism of
    the Swift bonanza. Mr. Warren H. Anderson
    of the Kentucky Geological Survey responded
    in writing to my query:

Silver occurs in a variety of geologic
    environments, is generally associated with
    certain minerals and is found throughout the
    geologic time scale. From a geologic
    standpoint it is possible for silver to occur in
    sandstones in eastern Kentucky
    , but this does
    not mean that silver actually exists in economic
    quantities. Some silver has been reported in the
    western Kentucky fluorspar district (Hall and
    Heyl, 1968, Economic Geology, V. 63, No. 6,
    p. 655-70) as well as trace amounts in the
    central Kentucky mineral district (Jolly and
    Heyl, 1964, Kentucky Geological Survey,
    Series X, Reprint 15). As these reports indicate
    silver does occur in small amounts in
    Kentucky.

Found this piece doing some research on the silver mines...............

us
    "Seek And Ye Shall Find"

Feb 2009
    EASTERN KENTUCKY
    1 times

Found this mine in the fall of 2006, it was covered by the rocks laying in the front.....

us
    Having the time of my life!

Sep 2008
    Cincinnati
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Ki,

I have found both gold and silver in KY but its so far been in small amounts and isolated pockets. However I recently found some old Indian silver mines that lead me to believe that four of them could have been connected deep enough...maybe that is what Swift found in his best mine?
    There are two of them about 300 yards apart and then two more about 1/8 mile apart from those two. Sometimes the vein gets pinched in in its way up in one place and then goes in another direction(at least that's the way it happend out west at times).
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death I will fear no evil for thou art with me.

Jun 2007
    1345 times

Gotta go back to "mine opening" "pics" at beginning of this "thread"; NO ONE else saw the "face in the mist"... I see a face (eyes, nose, mustache); is it ELI?

us
    "Seek And Ye Shall Find"

Feb 2009
    EASTERN KENTUCKY
    1 times

WoW i just now seen it.... the mist you are refering to is nothing more than the smoke from me smoking while resting and looking around. One thing the smoke showed me was there is a little air coming through the mine, not much but a little. Makes me wonder if there is another opening to this mine some place, or a vent.
    PLans are being made, the end of the month my brother and I plan to camp and explore, also to digg at the spot of where i found a hollow sound. This may help to figure out just what it is ive stubbled onto...

Jun 2007
    1345 times

Ki, glad you see it now; smoking (smoke) will bring out "outlines" of spirits/ guardians. I use WHITE SAGE smudging to get "outlines" and "bless haunted" places; the FIRST picture MAY just the "darkness" beyond yer "flash"... HOWEVER! I have had a "black blob" rush me
    once, no harm done... just a bit startling. Yer "dark" space looks MORE like a "liquidified humanoid"
    shape "coming at you". I DO think, "ELI" may be "protecting his site", and you should only
    "explore" the cave/tunnel, during the day. When you and yer brother camp out there... be VERY
    careful; you will have an "interesting night". Take LOTS of "pics" and join us in the "paranormal sub-board", where "treasure-haunts" are discussed.

Jun 2007
    1345 times

Me, again... a few MORE thoughts, "occurred" to me. You & yer brother could explore that site,
    during the day, HOWEVER! I would invite a few more TRUSTED friends to camp out, that night; ALL with digital cameras, to "record" interesting events. You felt some air "rushing in", like a vent or something... SAGE smoke WILL allow you to follow the swirling smoke to the "source" (opening); OR...
    you have a "cold spot", and batteries will "drain out", of a GHOST trying to "materialize"; I have seen & felt such, in the past. Have NO fear, and if it is ELI, simply tell 'em, you mean no harm, and WILL
    NOT run, or be scared of him.

us
    Jun 2008
    1 times

Ki,

Thanks for sharing everything you have given us. Merry Christmas and God Bless!

us
    "Seek And Ye Shall Find"

Feb 2009
    EASTERN KENTUCKY
    1 times

Your very welcome.... Merry Christmas to you and everyone in this forum as well....... God Bless

us
    "Seek And Ye Shall Find"

Feb 2009
    EASTERN KENTUCKY
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC
    Me, again... a few MORE thoughts, "occurred" to me. You & yer brother could explore that site,
    during the day, HOWEVER! I would invite a few more TRUSTED friends to camp out, that night; ALL with digital cameras, to "record" interesting events. You felt some air "rushing in", like a vent or something... SAGE smoke WILL allow you to follow the swirling smoke to the "source" (opening); OR...
    you have a "cold spot", and batteries will "drain out", of a GHOST trying to "materialize"; I have seen & felt such, in the past. Have NO fear, and if it is ELI, simply tell 'em, you mean no harm, and WILL
    NOT run, or be scared of him.
    Rebel.... were all set to campout next week, it will be interesting to see what strange things that may occur that night. I'll let you know how things go, Merry Christmas!!!

us
    "Seek And Ye Shall Find"

Feb 2009
    EASTERN KENTUCKY
    1 times

Getting ready to head out, im going to digg the hollow sound i found in this mine. camping out tonight so ill have plenty of time. If my lead proves correct i hope to find some gold and or silver coins the Shawnee hid long ago, I believe this to be what the Indians kept returning looking for through the years..... Its in the same local area where ive found a bunch of Swift clues as well. Hope to have some answers for this soon, ill let you know what i find....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsors