(Pics) mine w/ chestnut burr above..(New link to Video)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: (Pics) mine w/ chestnut burr above

;D Me, again... a few MORE thoughts, "occurred" to me. You & yer brother could explore that site,
during the day, HOWEVER! I would invite a few more TRUSTED friends to camp out, that night; ALL with digital cameras, to "record" interesting events. You felt some air "rushing in", like a vent or something... SAGE smoke WILL allow you to follow the swirling smoke to the "source" (opening); OR...
you have a "cold spot", and batteries will "drain out", of a GHOST trying to "materialize"; I have seen & felt such, in the past. Have NO fear, and if it is ELI, simply tell 'em, you mean no harm, and WILL
NOT run, or be scared of him. ;D :wink: :coffee2: :icon_thumleft:

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008

Ki,

Thanks for sharing everything you have given us. Merry Christmas and God Bless!

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR

Your very welcome.... Merry Christmas to you and everyone in this forum as well....... God Bless

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Rebel - KGC said:
;D Me, again... a few MORE thoughts, "occurred" to me. You & yer brother could explore that site,
during the day, HOWEVER! I would invite a few more TRUSTED friends to camp out, that night; ALL with digital cameras, to "record" interesting events. You felt some air "rushing in", like a vent or something... SAGE smoke WILL allow you to follow the swirling smoke to the "source" (opening); OR...
you have a "cold spot", and batteries will "drain out", of a GHOST trying to "materialize"; I have seen & felt such, in the past. Have NO fear, and if it is ELI, simply tell 'em, you mean no harm, and WILL
NOT run, or be scared of him. ;D :wink: :coffee2: :icon_thumleft:
Rebel.... were all set to campout next week, it will be interesting to see what strange things that may occur that night. I'll let you know how things go, Merry Christmas!!!

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Getting ready to head out, im going to digg the hollow sound i found in this mine. camping out tonight so ill have plenty of time. If my lead proves correct i hope to find some gold and or silver coins the Shawnee hid long ago, I believe this to be what the Indians kept returning looking for through the years..... Its in the same local area where ive found a bunch of Swift clues as well. Hope to have some answers for this soon, ill let you know what i find....

HCA1961

Feb 1, 2010
Pikeville, KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F-Point pinpointer, Gray Ghost ears

Way to go, Ki! I'm very jealous; with I was going with you.
Please let us know how it all goes ASAP when return!

--Chris

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Good luck to you and be safe . A simple ;D will be sufficient answer if you make a good find .
Jim

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are tough Ki, its warming up but not that warm...how ever if I had as good a lead as it sounds like you have I would be out there too! Good luck my friend!

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ki,

You have been gone long enough now,....You need help carrying back all that loot?

Theme now playing is "Jaws"...did they get him????

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

:thumbsup: Got some samples, appears to be ore of some kind. Someone long ago took alot of time to fill in this mine in extensively. Had to dig some of the fill out to be able to have room to dig where the hollow sound is located. It was a tight fit but I finally opened up the shaft enough to where i could get back in there. I was pulling out some very black rich dirt, you could tell that this dirt was brought here from some other place, normally the silt should have been a sandy texture because of the sand stone cliff, i mean its a tunnel through nothing but sandstone. Dug the hollow sound down to about 2ft down before i had to quit, didn't get to run a detector over the place, but plan to on a return trip. I noticed that from this spot in the mine that the tunnel went back even further and seemed to open to another chamber about 25 ft on back. This might take a couple more trips, but I'm very happy with the progress, and feel I'm getting really close to something great, all the signs are there, its defiantly Indian.
I didn't take to many pics of this trip, trying to keep my camera dirt free, but got a few pics. I'll take some detailed pics of the samples i brought back, and get everyones take on them. I should have them up in a few days, but now the sandman callith, i need some rest........
Thank everyone for their support.......... -Ki-

Attachments

• camp site.jpg
    camp site.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 1,741

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

:icon_thumright: Glad you are safe . Sounds like you had a FINE trip . Stay safe and keep on posting .
Jim

HCA1961

Feb 1, 2010
Pikeville, KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F-Point pinpointer, Gray Ghost ears

Sounds like a good time! I love spending the night around a campfire in a rockhouse; it seems to bring me back to my roots.
Keep us informed and, please, share the pictures!

--Chris

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Ki
Sounds interesting, hope it opens up back further, and something is in there for ya! Looks like your having a good time. God I miss it! I gotta get down there with ya sometime and camp out and check out some of your spots, let me know when you are going to camp and maybe I'll come down and camp...if I can, (I know what your sayin, yeah, yeah, yeah) well good luck with things ....Swiz

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Love sleeping in rockhouses, beats carrying tent and sleeping bag, makes more room for carrying things in, also carrying things out :wink:

Swiz.... good hearing from ya, hope to see you come this way in the spring, also we are all planing on getting together soon, meeting everyone.... maybe camp, sit around a fire and tell storys, hike and for the most part have fun!!

Im working on some pictures today, should have a few posted soon.... -Ki-

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ki,
You might try building a fire on that hollow sounding area and ten scrape the coals off and pour cold water on it..it’s how the Indians fractured the rock to get at veins of silver. The busting up of that hollow sounding place may lead you right to something. Please be careful, use a respirator if you enter it, the Spanish were active all thru KY and left behind stuff like cyanide/strychnine type poisons for those not suppose to find their stashes!

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Curtis, pretty good idea..... I'll keep that in mind :icon_thumright:
The thing with this mine is all the dirt that has been placed in the site. From the entrance of the mine back to about 20-25ft it has a solid rock floor all the way back, from here on it has been filled with dirt. From this spot in the mine the floor seems to drop or has been cut out down about 1-2ft below the level of the floor on the way in, i found this out by digging. The Indians could have done this to make the shaft more manageable to get through. It does seem to get tight in this area of the mine, i couldn't tell it with all the dirt that was in there. Another thing strange is the dirt itself, it don't match the sediments found in the mine, making me believe the dirt was brought here from another area. From this spot in the mine I'm still removing dirt, but looking back through the shaft there looks to be another chamber that opens... I hope to have this dirt removed in the coming weeks, alot of work still to be done. I'm recording, taking pics, and documenting everything about this site, it will take some time.... Whomever used this place in the past done alot of work to keep something hidden, now its the figuring out of what might just be hidden there......

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain

Ki, Just wondering here. On the rock with the carvings, where it says oro, it is a spanish word for gold. on your photo of the entrance, it is shaped like a cross or the outline of a spanish monk with robe and arms out stretched. Notice number 1. that looks like the face in the mist or was that carved that way, to give the outline a face with the hood around the head. 2. if that is a cross or the arms? notice where i have it marked. that looks like a pointer on the end (>) go right. 3. looking at the entrance, a cross or a monk? this all depends on the entrance being carved in this way. remember the rose boy who found that piece of gold ore on the farm, is that near this location? (does it have to be a certain time of day for the cross/monk to show up like that?)
i don't know why, but to me, it looks like a monk with a long robe and hood with arms out stretched. if this was a spanish site and no one else as been in there before. how dangeres is it near the end. traps maybe and that pointer (>) the lines are just to smooth.

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,560

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ki,

This is getting good, hope the end of the digging brings you to a keg of coins or at least a vein of gold/silver.

Boomer is soooooo good, I didn't see that entrance picture as a cross! Nor did i notice the face! That's where experience comes in!

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Boomer,
I thought I had a pic up of the mine opening, i must have taken it off last year when I was deleting pictures off of some topics. I always feel like you can never be to safe with certain information. I'll get the pic back up for you guys, I'd post the pic right now, but i'm writing from my iPhone. Boomer I have noticed the cross at the opening, not sure if it was ment to be a cross or just the way the mine was cut when whomever was cutting the opening. First it appeared to me to be where a certain ore was found on the outer part of he cliff, and they just cut the rock that way. Looking at a bigger more detail picture you can see these things. One I knew the opening was not natural, it was man made. You can see like old chisel marks starting at the opening and they continue all the way back through the mine. To be honest it appears like whomever found this site long ago followed the vein of ore back through the cliff. 2nd there is a shape of a cross at the opening, this very well could have been a Spanish site, and then French. Givin the location the Indians claimed it first.
Another very interesting thing about this site is the fact that the cliff seems to have a natural fracture in the cliff. The fracture begins at the top of the cliff and comes down and stops at where the opening of the mine is cut in the cliff. What is interesting about this is metals long ago could have filled this void in the fracture. It seems to be why the shaft follows this fracture. I'll post the picture for you guys a little later. -Ki-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread