(Pics) mine w/ chestnut burr above..(New link to Video)

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Re: (Pics) mine w/ chestnut burr above

Awesome, im working out a few details at the moment.... Its in the works! I really hope everyone can come. I should have a topic up tomorrow with some details.

pontificate

Aug 20, 2010

I have read the article of Becky Timmons and know where the arch is...it is very close to a mine that I have found where I have found several veins of silver ore. Some of the pieces were found in a sand bank next to this creek...and some in the shaft...interesting enough ...this mine goes up and was definitely an attempt to naturally hide the mine entrance. Just as well there are turkey tracks and curious markings...which look as though resemble Masons trial and compass marking. I believe there is something there, but as the curse continues I have had a very hard time locating this place again and again. I can say it is not easy to get to and on top of the ridge is smelting furnaces with which looks like slag of silver , but does not show on the metal detector. Possibly lead for smelting process?
Need help, but am always afraid to be deceived, or caught on Federal land with a metal detector and artifacts. These days, there are many people of little trust.
God Bless

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

That's a great find for that area, cool you found that in a sand bank. There are a bunch of sand banks on this creek. Quite a few rockhouses as well by the creek. You know i can picture a shaft that goes up, its very possable. Poor ol Becky Timmons, i think her ghost still haunts those woods in search of the mine she looked for. An old story i found in researching my family lineage was The same Townsend that was rumored to have helped Swift when he returned to this area 1790's, pasted his copy of journal and information Swift gave him to Rebbecca Timmons.
The Son of the above Townsend, he and wife were killed in 1862 because it was rumored they had a huge store of silver and gold coins, hidden on their homestead. a small gang of confederate guerrilla soldiers after hearing the rumor made a visit to their homestead, when Townsend held them off. During the gun fight Townsend's wife was shot dead, then he surrendered. He was taken to their camp and was beaten to tell the location of the hidden money. He didn't tell, and on trying to escape he was shot dead. Makes me wonder if He or his father had found one of Swifts cache's, why would a rumor get started like that to start with, without a reason. His father knew old man Swift... Swift camp creek isn't to far from this location.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Boomer, very interesting article on Becky Timmons, and the mine she looked for. Seems she may have found what she was looking for after all. She believed full heartaly in Swift and his mines, it was also known that she hired help in her endevor. Thanks for posting it! Its articles like this that tie up loose ends in many stories that are out there.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

I also encountered this carving, on the cliff ledge trail. You see this carving just before you get to the Mine. There are other carvings on this wall, some older than others, but all of them is old. The older carvings have dark green moss growing in them, the other newer ones go back to late 1800's... Thought id post it, maybe some of you can find something im missing. The one carving seems to be indicating a mine or mine shaft.
HH -Ki-

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ki,

That looks pretty tough to try to interpret, the one zigzag marking may have the meaning to follow the creek or ridge where it does that...topo may help in that regards. Its hard to make out most of it form the angle the picture is at...great pic though!

Curtis

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That picture looks like it may have some of the same stuff as the one I posted before that we talked about. Here it is again.

Attachments

• Sunday, January 13, 2008 (4).jpg
    Sunday, January 13, 2008 (4).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 386
  • Sunday, January 13, 2008 (4).jpg
    Sunday, January 13, 2008 (4).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 391
OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Here is some video i took at this area... This might help some people who have followed this thread in the past,
to give you guys a understanding of the area. In this video i take you along the second ledge path to this mine.
Notice how you can see a very very old trail along the cliff line. This is also in the general area of where i found
the JS carving a few years back. The whole time in this video up up to where the mine is im right on a cliff edge
thats the reasoning of why some of the footage seems shakey....... Swiz this is the place id always talk about
let me know what you think..... glad i can finaly take you guys along..... enjoy the vid...

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread