• treasure-hunter1.jpg
    treasure-hunter1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 3,136

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
KI, whats amazing to me and i know that there are several others that wonder why? i know of 5 locations that have almost the same features. same exact carvings and vary similar terrain features, this is just in Kentucky and then you have WV, VA, and Tenn. and all come close to matching the map. this lower devils creek map, well of course lower devils is not the location, but this may be number 6 that i know of. it has the same symbols has on the swift map. i hope to start a topic this week with locations.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
I think your right Boomer, i think this map is suppost to be lower devils creek, drawn from one of the many Swift maps. Myself dont belive this map to match, but may help someone.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: This IS interesting... as I drink my "high-test" coffee (regular), the MANY journals... the MANY maps with "similar" features, reminds me of the various copies of the OLD, MOSTLY NEW TESTAMENT GOSPELS, from the
"famed" DEAD SEA SCROLLS. Over the years, the Monks copied the scrolls over & over again, with illustrations (like maps).
MAYBE, that is what happened re. the various Swift Journals/Maps... AND! in terms of being in SEVERAL states... MAYBE geographical features were "dove-tailed" (SLIGHTLY altered...). DUNNO. ??? :coffee2: :thumbsup:

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the book that map is in (the book where the guy tries to prove Swift's Mines were made up). Anyway, someone supposedly made that map going by the journals. However, it has SEVERAL location errors. One big one is the location of the Rich Mine (if one goes by the journals) is definitely in the wrong place. The "sinkon" creeks are also in the wrong place, as they are West of the Rich Mine (in Swift's journals and in reality as I have some great pics of them). There are also several landmarks in the wrong places as well (both according to Swift's journals and in reality - both of which are IDENTICAL!).

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are so many errors in that map, that I won't point out everyone. However, another big one is that the furnace 3 miles N of the Rich Mine has a waterfall at it as well, with the large rockhouse 100 yards above, where Swift and Company lived. I have taken Ralph Hurst to all of these sites, if he would like to chime in, as we both have several pics of them. Between the waterfall and the furnace rockhouse is where I found the old hammer I believe Swfit and Montgomery used to pound the Silver out of molds with. BTW - the entire right hand side of the furnace rockhouse (where Silver was buried) is dug out about 7 ft. down and the Silver is gone. Also, there was Silver buried in sites near this furnace rockhouse (the ones Swift gave directions to in his journals). The tree with the large limb is still there! However, on the S side of the tree, where Swift directs to the kegs of crowns, is a large dip, where the crowns were dug up some time ago. >:(

I have noticed this map and several others people have drawn from Swift's journals incorrectly. One thing I plan to do is draw an EXACT map from Swift's journals for my book. On the opposite page, I will have a map of the area containing Swift's mines with the locations of everything marked with numbers - they will be IDENTICAL to each other and Swift's journal.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
The famous Swift Map

I would like to get a topic decision started on this map, as well as any other map deep within this legend.......
Swiftsearcher and Boomer is correct about the above map being wrong, it only shows and favors some of Swifts landmarks. The guy whom drew the above map and wrote on the subject tried to disprove everything about the legend, i must say he ran into some walls researching, and came up with some of his on conclusions about the Swift legend.....However some of Joe's research is very historically correct.....

There are many symbols on this map all of which describe a certain area, carvings, trails, mines, rockhouses, creeks.......I recognise all of them but a few......the round shape with a hole, and the square with the lines through are the ones that have me wondering.....
anyone feel like adding their thoughts about this map........

Attachments

• Swift map.jpg
    Swift map.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,231
OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
2Shoes said:
"Lighthouse" Was that used for rock formations or anything other than regular lighthouses?
Swift was talking about standing on a overlook and looking west, from there he seen a hole in the cliff and could see the sky beyond....
A light house is formed when two rock houses on both sides of the ridge start to touch, after a while a small hole is formed in the rock house making a small hole in the cliff......this is how ridge top arches are formed. Swift mentions looking to the west and seeing the lighthouse......think of it like this, the sun sets in the west, as the sun sets behind the ridge with the hole or window in it, the beams of light will shine through the hole in the cliff giving the appearance of a lighthouse........this is what swift was talking about.........

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ki, some of the older copied Swift Journals refer to the "Lighthouse Rock" as the "Needle's Eye" rock and, you are correct, it is West of the Rich Mine and the Buffalo and Table Top rocks (and the sinking creeks). There is one in my area that fits this EXACTLY, and is a rock jutting up high on a clift that looks EXACTLY like a needle with a hole near the top (hence, Needle's Eye Rock). I have several pics of it. The only bad thing is that the leaves were still on the trees when I took them, but you can still make out the rock nicely.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
swiftsearcher said:
Ki, some of the older copied Swift Journals refer to the "Lighthouse Rock" as the "Needle's Eye" rock and, you are correct, it is West of the Rich Mine and the Buffalo and Table Top rocks (and the sinking creeks). There is one in my area that fits this EXACTLY, and is a rock jutting up high on a clift that looks EXACTLY like a needle with a hole near the top (hence, Needle's Eye Rock). I have several pics of it. The only bad thing is that the leaves were still on the trees when I took them, but you can still make out the rock nicely.
Diffrent names, same meaning......"lighthouse, needle-eye, and sometimes called window". These are not arches....
Located close to Swifts furnace rockhouse correct??? Its late i may be getting it confused with another place Ive been studying about today...aww yes the monument rocks..

I'm searching new areas different from the mine Ive posted pictures of before as I believe it to be French/Indian related.......this is a totally new place Ive found and been exploreing "boots on the ground so to say" It proves to be very promising.Very Close to the place where i found the JS carving..... I found the site of where he talks about the mine dropping 10 ft and then going level, the only info I'll give is it fits the description perfect. I included a picture of the lighthouse near my site, from where mentioned in swifts journals, at the place where i stand here and look to the west across at the lighthouse.. I added some pics of this lighthouse, re sized small to not give much detail away....I will post pictures after ive searched the site over

3rd picture is the balanced rock that is in the middle of the ridge the West mine is on... posted next post down

It would be great if you'd post a picture. The way you describe it, it sounds pretty cool. would love to see it...........

Attachments

• said window.jpg
    said window.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,521
  • said window 2.jpg
    said window 2.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,507
OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
2Shoes...
Here is an examlpe of how a lighthouse is formed.........

Attachments

• lighthouse formation.jpg
    lighthouse formation.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 855

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ki, is the picture of the balanced rock on a busy trail? I believe I have seen that one before. Seems like there is an "arch" nearby? Don't want to say too much. Probably wrong anyway. But it does look familar.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Swiftfan....sorry for the confusion. I uploaded the wrong balanced rock, I'll add it now.........
I know where your talking about though, and it's not that rock.......Hey swiftfan since you know the location of the balanced rock at NB, look for the old niter mine nearby (salt mine), theres one around D.Boone hut as well. I'm working on adding a post about saltpeter and niter mines, and the differences these mines have from what a silver mine would be........

standingrock.jpg

Swiftfan here is the picture i was meaning to post..... again sorry about the confusion. I know the area of which you spoke about, it was one of the first areas i searched when i learned of the swift legend...Do you know where the rest area is, well there is a huge cliff behind the rest area with a V in the middle...Ive always called it the V rock, but my camp was on top of this cliff...I have however found some interesting things up along the ridge line there and on out to NB... If you'd be interested sometime i would like to get back around that area, i remember their being some tree and rock carvings up there as well..... The area I'm referring to in the above topic is roughly 5-10 miles from NB.....

rhoodphoto

Jun 30, 2008
Ki,

Do you think your lighthouse (pictured above) is the same one I posted? Looks a lot alike I think.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: (WASSAIL!) ;D "Symbols" on the map "could be"... Square with "stick man" figure (if, that is the one...); a LADDER... 3rd degree FreeMason (Master Mason), with "hands" on 4th "rung" to become involved with ROYAL ARCH FREEMASONRY... SEVEN RUNGS... SEVEN "dergrees". Royal Arch
Masonry with KST and excavations "legends". The CIRCLE... "stick" figure... COULD mean "on proper trail"... COULD mean "death"... DUNNO. :dontknow: :coffee2:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
rhoodphoto said:
Ki,

Do you think your lighthouse (pictured above) is the same one I posted? Looks a lot alike I think.

Depends on where your looking, i can say the lighthouse i posted is very close to your area :wink: :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
could the symbols on the map be carvings placed in certain locations ??
Thanks Rebel, your opinion is always greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: ;D I am thinking, it is near a KING SOLOMON MINE; "on proper trail" sign May mean, nearby; read Knights Templar excavation of King Solomon's Temple ("google" it...). They were "camped" in the horse stables area... dug around; found SOMETHING! For you, it MAY mean near a "camp" area; POSSIBLY "very common area"... POSSIBLY be in a "stinky" (?!?) area... OFTEN avoided by others... DUNNO. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread