Ki Arch

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
This was great for me to find, this arch had yet been named nor recorded. I found this arch in the area of my Swift hunt. I got to name the arch, and plans are being made to cut a trail to this site. The trail will also be named after me. I should have the trail completed later this summer... Something very interesting about this arch, someone long ago seems to have cut a triangle in the rock here. Probably a trail marker of some kind....???

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: Kiowa Arch

:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: Looks like a "pointer" carving... with TWO "slash" lines pointing "up to the left"; it MAY mean go UP, about "TWO high" (?). DUNNO. ???

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Re: Kiowa Arch

:coffee2: :thumbsup: :coffee2: I see the "slash" marks now, and they do point in the direction to follow, ive noticed these before in the carving but never thought of them maybe pointing the way, thanks Reb :thumbsup: . Everything ive found so far is located about 2 mile from this spot. From where i start my hike there is no trail, I walk some of the way i've known from memory from the many years of coming here, but i start my map From a saddle or (gap), this is my starting point on my map, mainly to throw someone off if they was to follow me in the woods. :icon_pirat: I then cllmb up the ridge to this arch, and in the direction those "siash" marks point, I follow ridge in that direction to my finds oh so far away.... :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ki,

That sure looks like the sign ^ that you and i (and Boomer I think) have both found on rocks in multiples ^^^ do you think its coincidence? Is that one in the general area of the one with multiples on it? Upstream/downstream? Might be Spanish thing going on.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
It took me countless times to find this well hidden arch, by geologic standards this would be considered a window. The /\ is carved deep in the stone, with the \\ slash marks pointing left. I believe it does tie into the /\ /\/\ symbols, probaly as some sort of trail markers. Rebel was on the money with this symbol, because from this point you can go up to the top of the ridge and go left and it will lead you in the direction to were i have found the JS carving and Mine opening. These marks are all within a mile and a half from where everything was found, but the way is very rough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread