OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
truckinbutch said:
Thousands of acres of my childhood stomping grounds have been rent asunder by D9 Cats and greedy coal operators .
It's frustrating to find markers on untouched ground and look back to a spoil bank and the same when you look forward . Like getting the Queen of Spades passed to you with no backers and there you sit......Gonna get your butt kicked .

LoL i see your point there....Id feel more comfortable sitting at the table holding a Ace king of spades....

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
truckinbutch
you mention D9 cats and coal operators sounds like their tearing up the land around where you live, they gotta have that coal "money in their eyes" in other words destruction.... This is what i believe happened to many swift markers, in the time since swift, his marks on trees and rocks where destroyed by coal mining, the building of roads and other things we use in our everyday life......

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
also a carving of a face, circles, and C G

Attachments

• circle carvings.JPG
    circle carvings.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,427
  • circle carvings.JPG
    circle carvings.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,381
OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
After further study of this carving, I asked for the help of Mike Steely. I sent him a picture of this carving to get his opinion of what some of these marks could be. The picture is below. With his software he was able to find a faint "SWIFT" next to the JS...He also found a few others that i could not make out. The location of this rock and carving are exposed to weathering, I'm glad i got this picture before the wind and weather erased the carving for good.......Thanks for your help Mike.
Here is what he found....

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
If you notice on the top right hand side there is a 1763, i have outlined in this picture. Also could be a 1768
Also found a "Mundy"...

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
I know this was a ancient symbol before the nazi's adopted it. It looks to be one of the two i have outlined above, anyone have any clues to what this symbol could mean?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: :coffee2: ;D I do see the one symbol... where the "arrow" is pointing; it is a SUN WHEEL, from INDIA (VERY OLD); however, the "ANCIENTS" had the arms pointing in a CLOCK-WISE
direction, and the NAZI made it a SWASTIKA, by pointing the "arms" in the COUNTER CLOCK-WISE
direction... STILL a POTENT "symbol" of protection. YOUR "symbol" is "incomplete"... MAY be MORE of a MAP, DUNNO. :dontknow: OTHER "symbols" look familar... gotta get out my "Symbols/Codes
books" & files. Will try to get back to you, on such. :wink: :coffee2: :read2:

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ki, this is interesting. At a potential entrance to a cave system I believe might have been Swift's "storehouse", over a year ago, I found a Swastika carved near the entrance (I think only Ralph knew this before I posted it here). It was a very old carving and very deep - had moss growing inside it. Anyway, I was CERTAIN this was the way to get inside this cave system. However, there were some HUGE rocks in the way and I was unable to gain access - I don't know if this was from the large earthquake of 1811/12 or where, according to some journals, Mundy brought down this part of the cave on some members, or what, but they (these rocks) were definitely blocking the way deeper inside!

Ki, when you have time, e-mail me personally at [email protected]. I have something private I would like to discuss with you that I don't want to post here. Thanks!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D WELL! It looks like we gotta look at the "symbols" within the context of time, and "place"; MY guess of the "symbols" on yer rock, COULD be "MASONIC", "PIRATES", "BRIT.
ALCHEMICAL", or "plain old" T codes from "INDIANS", SPANISH, "KNIGHTS TEMPLAR" (connected with "PIRATES"). SLIGHTLY "off-topic"... in PENNSYLVANIA, look for Germanic RUNES, HEX "signs",
CELTIC (Scot/Irish) signs; SHENANDOAH VALLEY - CELTIC, HEX "signs"; and EVERYWHERE... HEBREW
"symbols"... MOSTLY "signs" of PROTECTION... "watching over our ABUNDANCE". In terms of "reading"... MAPS, WAYBILLS, etc.; THAT will take LONGER. :wink: :read2: :icon_thumleft:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D FURTHER! EVERYONE should review "Hawkeyes" own... Treasure
Hunter's University "web-site"... even tho, it is focused on SW USA. He has Church, Mine, & Treasure
Symbols; Danger Signs/Symbols; Turtle Signs/Symbols; Measurement Signs/Symbols, etc. KEYNOTE:
"MANY of these signs/symbols have multiple and hidden meaning..." :o http://www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com/ :coffee2: :read2:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
swiftsearcher said:
Ki, this is interesting. At a potential entrance to a cave system I believe might have been Swift's "storehouse", over a year ago, I found a Swastika carved near the entrance (I think only Ralph knew this before I posted it here). It was a very old carving and very deep - had moss growing inside it. Anyway, I was CERTAIN this was the way to get inside this cave system. However, there were some HUGE rocks in the way and I was unable to gain access - I don't know if this was from the large earthquake of 1811/12 or where, according to some journals, Mundy brought down this part of the cave on some members, or what, but they (these rocks) were definitely blocking the way deeper inside!

Ki, when you have time, e-mail me personally at [email protected]. I have something private I would like to discuss with you that I don't want to post here. Thanks!

Ive heard a oldtimer just the other day talk about how Swift, Mundy used a couple kegs of gunpowder to blow a ledge just above the opening of the Cave, and covered the opening this way. sounded interesting.......I sent you an e-mail hope you get it.

Very interesting "mine"treasure"important place"
"Gammada" what could this word mean? .... Done a search but no matches

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
"Gammada "is a old "Christian symbol",called{ Crux Gammada}, symolizes the "Trinity", swastika looking image. If it were{ boxed in} possibly ? a Masonic image.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Thanks ghostdog......... :thumbsup:

Would the French have used this Symbol???

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
I think they are referring to the Spanish or English..... French could be accustom to both maybe??? "with their symbols" :icon_scratch:

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-Ki- said:
swiftsearcher said:

Ive heard a oldtimer just the other day talk about how Swift, Mundy used a couple kegs of gunpowder to blow a ledge just above the opening of the Cave, and covered the opening this way. sounded interesting.......I sent you an e-mail hope you get it.

Very interesting "mine"treasure"important place"
"Gammada" what could this word mean? .... Done a search but no matches

Ralph and I have a couple older versions of the journal that states Mundy "brought down" the storehouse on the crew inside as well. We both thought about this at the "Swastika Entrance", as it seemed to be a large cavern in the middle of a horseshoe shaped (and hidden) cliff section behind the rock house the crew lived in. The back of this large entrance was blocked by several huge rocks, as if it had been blown up!

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
:coffee2: Ki,SS," Crux-Gammada" ,maybe a Greek or Latin phrase to start with. As you are aware of many different groups,includeing native American Indians used the swastika for symbolism,The Trinty refers to Father/Son/ Holyghost, as you already know. I think your cave carveing{swaskita} could be any group,,But the {Gammada carveing},in my opinon would be Euorpean related..Gammada might be a referance to buried bodies in that location,like R.IP. Not sure you may have already figured this you in your notes above, I"m late to the party . gd luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions