3 /\/\/\ Carvings

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
Ki, Curtis: below are some idea's on what the 3 points may be.
1. 3 hill tops 2. Creek with 3 points 3. Could be 3 ridges that are side by side with 2 drains between, flowing into a creek. may look like number 2 and it could be a clan sign of a particular Indian family.

and yes i know my copy expertize is lacking.

Attachments

• 1. 3 hills.jpg
    1. 3 hills.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 464
  • river with 3 points.jpg
    river with 3 points.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 455

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
/\ /\/\ Im leaning towards your #1, im thinking its hill tops. There are alot of simalar knobs around here that match that carving. You see these carvings just after leaving the mine, their carved on a rock that has a small climb up to continue out. You can even see worn spots in the rock where indians used these as a step. The carvings were ment to be seen in the location where there placed pointing out or locating a certain place.... -Ki-

Attachments

• 06-14-09 010.jpg
    06-14-09 010.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 426

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ki, there appear to be alot of other marks on this rock. I took the liberty of coping the photo for study. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again for the pic. Keep Looking...!

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
awesome, and thanks for your :help: swiftfan... I too see other marks and carvings, hopefully with study and time the answers will come to light. I'll look through some other carving pics and post some i think might tie in to these carvings ^ ^^

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions