The Legend of John Swifts Lost Silver Mine - (geographical approach)

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Re: The Legend of John Swift's Lost Silver Mine - (geographical approach)

Awesome, I cant wait to see them. I'm curious to see how the two chambers connect, and how the rock strata may lay. Is it in sandstone, limestone? I know at my First site i was doing everything i could to keep my camera clean when i took my pics of inside the shaft, the new site I'm at now drops down in the ground and goes level through a cave system, way to dark for pictures. I'll be able to take some once i have another person with me. :wink:

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

With my digital camera, no matter how dark a cave system has been, I have been able to get some nice pictures, with the automatic flash.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

swiftsearcher said:
With my digital camera, no matter how dark a cave system has been, I have been able to get some nice pictures, with the automatic flash.

I agree with ya 100%... I have a nice LED spotlight i use with the help of whomevers with me, it works rather well by lighting up more area in the farther parts of where a picture is taken, in other words just gives a little more detail.... I'll post some pics of where im searching at my new site after i finish with it.

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am a Mason myself, and like you it astonishes me how people try to tie Masons in with every legend they come across. As you said, it is fantasy nonsense, and some need to get a grip on reality.
vamelungeon said:
I've been a Master Mason for all of my adult life (decades), have advanced in the craft and have an extensive masonic library, and I just have to bite my tongue when I see some of the misinformation that I've seen about Masons here on treasure net. It really makes me cringe. Now I'll be attacked or called a "naysayer" but that's fine. I'm just trying to defend myself and my fellow freemasons against all this poppycock and pure fantasy nonsense.

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe George Bush and others need to "get a grip on reality" as well? There is NO DOUBT in my mind, with my finds I have made, that this DOES RELATE TO BACON'S PLANS FOR A "NEW ATLANTIS"! I will present the proof shortly to support this, if things don't happen first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LbvQiWfi1I

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Come on guys let’s keep the bickering and stuff like that done by PM each other...if I were a newbie and saw the line of attacks I wouldn't be back. I do know by having been on here for a while that all of you are very intelligent and have a lot of useful information. Lets hare it and leave the insults be. Someone was nice enough to start this thread let stick to the topic.

Swift didn’t do the pirate thing (see my post above) and there are some photo copies of land titles on the web that are located in England if I remember right.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

well said Curtis....
I agree Swift was not a pirate, it does not make one ounce of cents, he was on to something in the mountains. A outlaw yes! he was a counterfeiter, but not a pirate.... id say Swift found plenty of gold (yes gold) with the silver as well, remember this, were you find silver you can usually find gold....its very possable, Swift even mentions of storing up gold and silver in the Shawnee cave. When Swift closed up the mines, he hid them so well that the Indians could not relocate them, that's why till this day they lay hidden... I often wonder this as well, and its my belief through research is that the dates on the Swift and Montgomery made crowns where dated either 1790 or 1791, thus being the time they all had planed to get back together and retrieve the loot...By the coins being of that date they would be recognized easily and know they were counterfeit, and he wouldn't have to worry about some of the men returning to steal the silver and gold that was stored up. He had to come up with a good way to keep them from back stabbing him. I could be wrong, but Swift was smart! -Ki-

SmittyCity

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2010

Hey Guys im new to this and was reading over this and have heard some stories before and just recently became interested in this and have a question... rumors say it was John swift but others also say william George and tom what if all 4 were correct? if anyone could give me feed back that would be awesome

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions