Comparing Swifts trip in 1767 to Boones trip in 1767.

Brushy Bandit

Jan 11, 2017
Carter County, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ke,

Those were the days when we were so excited that someone could find it very soon. Still feel that way as more and more new people are really spending some time on it (KY Hiker), and others. We have to analyze all of the data in everyway possible. If I knew programing I would create a database and put everything everyone said into it and then share it with ever one. We sure lost a great researcher and very active guy when Ki moved! And Boomer is very silent .

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boomer has a library of knowledge and information of E. KY from all those years of research, I sure hope he is well. KI has a YouTube channel but does not post much or very often. He had a video of the mine opening he found posted there and the last video I saw of his was some time ago of a spot in RRG he was camping in I think. Probably before his moving away.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Curtis you mention a Clovis point being found in Carter County around 2010. I've seen the point and it's got an ancient break but appears to be Clovis. I've been on the site it was found many times and seen many points, but as far as know that point is unique, so far.
Stuff like that COULD be "Trading" items... like GOLDEN Arrowheads. Last I heard, Clovis points were only in the New Mexico area... that was years ago, when I was into Archeology at JMU (early '70's). :laughing7::coffee2:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clovis points are from a particular period of Indian history I thought, and not a particular place? I thought they pre-dated the last Ice age? I know many people who have found whole and broken clovis points in their creek walking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clovis_culture

So the more modern Indians of the pioneer days would have held them as relics from their ancestors? I don't know as I don't do much with arrow head hunting/collecting, but many do all over my area of KY near Louisville.

Last edited:

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I’d forgotten about this post... there’s a lot I’ll have to go back and read. Where’s Ki these days?

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
He was living around Gatlingburg I thought. He was supposed to have filmed some on Swift with for the Travel Channel, but I haven’t seen him on here in a while

Brushy Bandit

Jan 11, 2017
Carter County, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert but have dabbled in it have an above average collection. From what I gather most all spearpoints are ancient 1000years or more to 10,000, and Clovis, is a type named for first place they were found, pre dates 10,000. 700-800 yrs ago we run into smaller arrowhead points, a huge tech advance. Atlatala is in the mix as well, I see different theorys all the time. Im certain someone can add more or correct me if I've got somethin wrong.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I plan on going there in the spring. I was there once, but after reading some things, I realized I missed it.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on going there in the spring. I was there once, but after reading some things, I realized I missed it.

I need to check it out sometime, someone said its better at winter pool? I would rather go with others that know the area for sure.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I need to check it out sometime, someone said its better at winter pool? I would rather go with others that know the area for sure.

The area I’m talking about is over at David, Ky. Which is miles fro the nearest lake. Which area are you talking about?

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
The area I’m talking about is over at David, Ky. Which is miles fro the nearest lake. Which area are you talking about?

The old civil war battle ground area. Lick Fk. of Middle Fk. is just on north of there on 23 probably 6-8 miles. Probably less than half that through a low gap or two.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Been to the battlefield. Today’s road goes through it actually. They do a re-enactment there every year. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546219808.504272.jpg

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see Spurlock's Branch, that is a family name associated with Swift legend like Osbournes (various spellings).

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread