Grayson Lake State Park Camping (Reserved Sites)

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
This is the Swizard...I have taken the time to try and come up with a plan for us all....

Here is the "website address" for Grayson Lake State Park Camping, (See below). Camping is $20.00/night, open up this Web Address and everybody make a decision on what type of campsite we want, how many campsites we need to reserve and where. There are several listed, with differint ammenities. There are also maps included for Grayson Lake State Park, etc, etc., etc. (See Website)

When we meet some of us will go to the reserved campsites area, and someone will stay at the Grayson Lake Dam, to wait for stragglers. Frontiersman says that he lives close by the area so he will be our man for reserving the campsites, and posting a "BIG" sign for us all near the Dam somewhere,... sign = (Meeting of the Minds Event....>------>).

Campsites are $20.00/night so he may need a few dollars from each of us in advance, if this is going to be to hard or a hassle to get the money to him maybe,... "he and someone else can pre-pay", if it is "OK" with him. We will all pay him back when we arrive or meet at the campsite...if this is "OK" with the "Frontiersman".

We need to establish exactly how many of us are "going to commit", to this event so we know how many campsites to reserve. "We will create one last poll to determine how many of us are commited", so the "Frontiersman" can reserve the campsites or not.

Once committed there is no backing out because of the expenses... we will all have to pay part of...we cannot leave anyone holding the bag for the expenses. The campsite expense... is not as high as reserving... "two boats". If any of us who live nearby Grayson Lake State Park, and knows of an arear we can camp without reservations we can consider this too.

We have cars to get around... in instead of a boat...if boats are to expensive for some of us...and there is difficulty in getting the money in advance to the person who decides to reserve the boat

We still need a plan for reserving the boats maybe someone else can reserve the Boat. I don't know what we will do about the boats, but at least we will have the campsites established!!!! We have cars to get around in...instead of a boat...if the boat thing is to expensive for some of us or if there is to much difficulty in getting the money in advance to the person who decides to be responsible for reserving the boat.

So talk it up guys, June 26th ain't for away!!!!.....Here is the Web Address for Grayson Lake State Park/Camping, etc.,...

http://kentuckystateparks.reserveam...groundDetails.do?contractCode=KY&parkId=91812

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought to ask...do we need special considerations for disabled people? If someone has special needs we want them to be accommodated.

The Pontoon boats need reservations pretty far in advanced if I remember right.

I can print out a sign or two that can be 42" high by as long as you want and mail it to Frontiersman if you want it....just let me know. That was it could be seen from the high way can printout some smaller ones with arrows pointing to the campsite that can be tacked onto those little wire/poser board signs too. And let me know if you think I should print a couple of BIG maps out of the area around the lake or special spots we might visit...any ideas on that ?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Curtis said:
Just thought to ask...do we need special considerations for disabled people? If someone has special needs we want them to be accommodated.

The Pontoon boats need reservations pretty far in advanced if I remember right.

I can print out a sign or two that can be 42" high by as long as you want and mail it to Frontiersman if you want it....just let me know. That was it could be seen from the high way can printout some smaller ones with arrows pointing to the campsite that can be tacked onto those little wire/poser board signs too. And let me know if you think I should print a couple of BIG maps out of the area around the lake or special spots we might visit...any ideas on that ?
We better get the primary work done first .Reservations for camp/boats and $ front money to secure . Otherwise it is all a dream .
Jim

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we have a local person or two volunteer to be treasurer? If so we can send in some cash to get the campground (and if the boats are acceptable--I think they were like $125 for 4-5 hours we could get them reserved too). I am willing to send some cash as soon as we have a treasurer. Anyone willing to do it?

We may be able to skip the boats if they seem too expensive...not sure how many can get on them and all, or if we will have some people there that have boats that don't mind taking on a few passengers. I thought one thing we may do is take those interested to the one mine shaft and the Crane carving and the area that looks like it may have been a smelter, and where the guy found those molds for coins. It’s all on the Little Sandy and in a 3-4 mile radius. Lots of the things Boomer has mentioned are in that area. I can tell you it would not do to try to drive to near to those places and try to hike down to them...the water is the easy way to do it....not dismissing the cars...just that I have tried and you have all those cliffs that won't let you get down to the sites. There maybe people who cannot get onto boats, we can try to accommodate them with the driving. We may need to wait to see who all is going for sure and if anyone has a boat to use, we may only need to rent one. If so and there are 10 of us the two nights of camp rent and a boat would only run us 20 bucks a piece. If we need two then it’s closer to 25 each. That is only the camps and boat rental….not food or beverages….I imagine everyone will bring their own. I may not be able to spend the second night but will chip in to rent the spots for those who are. Some people will only be able to spend one day others two or more…it’s going to have to be come and go as you need to.

cstraiton

Sep 29, 2009
Flatwoods, Kentucky
I will be camping in my hammock tent, so I need two trees about 8-10 feet apart. Is there anyone who knows if there is a preferred campsite with adequate trees for a hammock tent?

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Guys,

I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond about the "Meeting of the Minds", I've had some computer trouble.. I am definitely 100% for sure willing to help with reservations, posting signs and whatever else neede to be done to make all of this go smoothly.. I just want to make sure exactly how many, who, what, when and where so I can get an idea on what I need to do on my end.. Curtis, The Swiz, and several others have commited and I know they are def. going to be there, it's all the other people that I want to know for sure.. I don't mind contributing whatever $ needs to be given, but I don't want to if no-one shows up.. So everyone needs to make up their minds and let Curtis, Swizard, or myself know for sure and as soon as possible..
If all this works out I am looking forward to meeting all of you guys.. Thanx..

My telephone number is 606-547-3545 for those who have any questions, and those willing to commit.. Thanx and I hope to hear from you guys soon..

Casey - The_Frontiersman

UpTheCreek

Greenie
Apr 4, 2010
Boyd Co.
Hey Guys,

I called the campground and found out that the weekend we are meeting books up fast because of the following weekend being to 4th of July.

We need to get on this fast and reserve some sites close together before they are gone.

If anyone wants to call me # 606-369-4727 name Kelly

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
boat rental: for 10 hours starting at 9:00 am $169.60 + $90.00 damage deposit. deposit must be in cash. gas cost will be taken out of deposit. pontoon holds 10 people. this is the weekend rate.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
boomer said:
boat rental: for 10 hours starting at 9:00 am $169.60 + $90.00 damage deposit. deposit must be in cash. gas cost will be taken out of deposit. pontoon holds 10 people. this is the weekend rate.
That divided by 10 sounds darn reasonable .
How many people/tents will each camp site accomodate ? Even a single tent per site doesn't sound exorbiant , yet every dollar saved is just that .
Jim

cstraiton

Sep 29, 2009
Flatwoods, Kentucky
truckinbutch said:
boomer said:
That divided by 10 sounds darn reasonable .
How many people/tents will each camp site accomodate ? Even a single tent per site doesn't sound exorbiant , yet every dollar saved is just that .
Jim

I will be camping in a hammock tent, so I will need a couple of trees 10-12ft apart. Hopefully we can get a site that has some trees available. If nobody brings a huge tent, I would say at least two or maybe three tents would fit in each campsite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread