The Meeting of the Minds results

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be a good time to post what you thought of the meeting.

I had a great time, just putting a face and personality to the avatar/handle was worth the trip. I didn't arrive until just before 10 am and those that had camped were probably all talked out after sitting around the campfire the night before. I met some great treasure hunters, and held in my hand a coin from the Pigeon Water Cave hoard! There were two of the group who had another unique coin; it was a tencent piece with KY on it. I am so curious I will be trying to find out just when and where they were made. It was great hearing what everyone had found and the theories of where 'ol Swift really mined! A few of us then went to Coonhunter’s new place up Little Caney and wow! What a really cool place! You have to see a place like that to appreciate the wonders of living in a natural environment like our fore fathers! It was so quiet that you only heard the babbling of the creek and the birds! We hunted for and found a cave that was rumored to be close to his property. I propose we call it the Wesley-Swiz Cave! We also used the device I had brought with me and found …well you’ll have to ask Coonhunter about that. I made it back home to the ‘nati around 10 that night, tired, but still excited over meeting a bunch of great treasure hunters! I am wondering if we could do it every six months in a different place, maybe alternating more towards north and south. I would propose we gather and give each person ½ hour to tell their story and show items of interest then after everyone had a turn we could have the group discussions. I found myself bouncing back and forth trying to hear what everyone was saying, but trying not to be rude in leaving another conversation! You guys just had too much stuff that is important we look at! Next time I will be trying to camp so as to hear the stories at night around the campfire…really would have like to hear what Steely said! Also want to thank everyone for making it happen and being there! Next time I will be staying two days!

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well for me, I missed out on meeting everyone, being late. But, I got to meet the Bill and Kelly, and had a really great time. It was finally good to meet some of you guys. I still hate being late, but next time, I won't be. Yeah, maybe in six months or so, we can get together again. and maybe somewhere different. that would be cool. And maybe not so hot...lol

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass
Hey Guys,

Had a great time meeting everyone! Really enjoyed speaking with Steely and getting to check out his silver 1 oz arrow head, now that was cool. Also got to check out one of Bill Gibsons coins that Jack Flash brought that was awesome, and had some really nice fireside chats with Bill USA, Swizard, and UptheCreek. Oh and Bills ky 10 coin was awesome too! Curtis nice meeting you and Coonhunter, cant wait to see that long distance treasure finder in action, that was really neat. Cant wait to do this again!

Seth DMSDAK

OP
OP
Curtis

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seth,

glad youlike the little demo of the element detector wish we had had more time to show you the long distances it will locate form. Find a couple of good sites that you are pretty sure off that the treasure is in a larger area or too deep for regular detectors and and I'll come down and help you recover the stuff! We should hook up with some of the other guys and go to the Pigeon Water cave and I can tell if there is anything left in there form the out side! then we would know if it was worth trying to get in another way. And if you find the are for the maps let me know I just googel the USGS- go to maps - download free- and then use the quadrangle locator..then just PM me the ones you need. The area will be in squares, usually named after a town or county.

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass
Hey Curtis I have a friend who has some friends in the Lower Pigeon area that have agreed to show me the area of the cave in the next few weekends where the find was made. I found both topo map files that I want made larger, if you dont care shoot me your email and I'll send you those files, they are right off the USGS site in their PDF format.

Thanks,
Seth

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Hated i had to miss out!!!! How would everyone like to plan another meeting in the fall? October? I'll host this one! Natural Bridge State Park.... I'll get a topic up no later than Wendsday to start planing for and to see who can come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread