Johnathan Swift Tnet Campout Daily Update List, (October-2010)

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!... This is the Swizard/Bill 07/29/2010

"Ki", is putting together a Johnathan Swift Tnet campout at the Red River Gorge on
October, (9-10). We will all meet at the rest area just off the Mountain Parkway, Slade exit 33 or Natural Bridge exit. If you are going to attend drop me an email at [email protected] or respond to this thread and I will put your name on the list, so far on the list we have,

Camping, (Oct.8-9) Attending, (Oct.-9)

1.) Ki, (Camping/Fri-Sat.) 1.)Truckinbutch/Jim
2.) Swizard/Bill, (Camping/Fri.-Sat.) 2.) Poorhunter/Ben
3.) Curtis/Dexter, (Will try to camp this time)
4.) DMSDAK/Seth, (Camping/Fri.-Sat)
5.) Swiftfan, (Camping/Fri.-Sat.)
6.) Katsklaw03, (Camping)
7.) Ky.Rebel/Fred and Son, (Camping/Fri.-Sat.)
8.)
9.)

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Hope you can make it in October! I'm planing a campout in the Rockbridge area of the red river gorge... I'm trying to get as many people together that i can to go out on this camping trip. October 9-10Th! Camp like Swift did....
Things that you will need to bring:
backpack (I have 2 extra if needed)
Tent (if you choose)
sleeping bag
warm cloths
nonperishable food items
anything else you mayfeel to bring...

We will be meeting at the Rest Area exit33 on Mountain parkway in Slade, Ky. We will be meeting there from 10 to Noon, from there we will all travel together to the RockBridge area in the Red River Gorge. This way some could car pool. backpack in and backpack out the next day!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: ;D Can't be there; tho, it DOES remind me of a "saying" from "The Bull" (Sitting Bull);
"Let us put our minds together, and see what LIFE... we can make for our children" (1877). ALL of you can "input" into this... generate a GREAT "future" for yourselves, and others. MY approach is that of having various TEAMS in Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia (SW), Tennessee, wherever the SWIFT MINE(S) "legends" are. Why TEAMS? Together... Each Achieve... MORE Success. GOOD LUCK! Have FUN! HH! :icon_thumleft: ;D

ky.rebel

Mar 30, 2010
east Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWIZARD,are you backpacking in to the camping spot,or can you drive to it?I'm sort of new to the forum,but would like to come just to swap stories and meet some of you-all in person.I can't do much walking,but love to camp.Camped in the gorge bout 3 weeks ago,walked to sky bridge,bout killed me.It was really beautiful though.Me and my son would probally be coming,he gets around a lot better than me.I really love this forum,some really nice,informative people on here.Like to just sit back and read everybody exchanging ideas.I've learned alot.Hope to see everybody there. Fred (ky.rebel)

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like KGCs approach to the solution, get more teams, compare notes, share and someone will find it!

KY Rebel, its good to have you and your son join us for the camping! Always good to meet new people with similar interests!

I met some of these guys back in the summer and they are all great to talk to.

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey KY.Rebel
Good to hear from ya, we are going to get a camping spot near the road, so that some of the older fellas, or people with disabilities, can have good access to the campsite if they decide to camp. You will be able to drive to the campsite and meeting area.
On saturday for those who are just going to attend for the day we have a shelter if it rains and if it is nice weather, we will have picnic tables to accomodate us, food will be furnished for the meeting on Saturday the (9th). The camp-site area and get-together meeting on Saturday (9th), is going to be held in the Rock Bridge area of the Daniel Boone National Forest in the Red River Gorge area on the weekend of October (9-10). Some of us will be meeting at the Slade or Natural Bridge exit #33, in the parking area just off the exit on the south-side of the highway on Friday afternoon (The 8th of October). For all those who are just goin to attend on Saturday the (9th), we will be meeting at the same place, Slade or Natural Bridge exit#33, in the parking lot just off the exit on the south-side of the highway. Hope to see you there and your son, I'm sure it will be interesting and fun!

Swiz/Bill N

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Swiftfan --- Yes, we will be meeting at the rest area just off the mountain parkway, exit33... From there we will drive out to the RockBridge area, where we will be camping, and have other activity's as well. We hope you can make it!

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, I wont know anything till time gets closer. It is hard to plan in advance, the way life is right now. I talked to Truckinbutch last week and he asked me if I put our names on the list, I told him no. I told him I figured they put us on in consideration of the june meeting. Its fine. I can speek for Truckinbutch and myself by saying I Know we would love to be their, But I cant say a definite yes. So only time will tell for myself. Jim and I will talk it over and figure something out. I know he has spent his summer in the hayfield, and workin on his house, so his time has been spent working. Pretty much same here. Working on house projects. And being home caring for my son. Wish Luck and safety to all in the field. poorhunter-Ben

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Poorhunter and I are 'gentlemen of leisure' that have very little leisure because of the home obligations
we have assumed .
I think we will try hard to formulate a plan that will allow us to attend .
Jim

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Truckinbutch, hope things work out so that you guys can make it.. I'm really looking forward to getting to meet everyone that can. Seth and Matt I'm glad to hear you guys are gonna camp, I'm trying to get ahold of a extra 2 room tent just in case someone might need it.

pontificate

Aug 20, 2010
I must admit that I have been memorized by the info and real life experiences of the search. I will say that I have found silver ore in veins in "an area" fairly close to the rock bridge area.I have as well found smelting furnaces on close by ridge tops....being this was at least 10 years ago, I did not realize what they were untill I heard of the Swift legend. As a matter of fact I thought that they were some sort of devil worshiping altars and kicked them over...not knowing. I now know what they are. I have been and am very experienced in the Clifty Wilderness area of the Gorge.I have been up and down almost everywhere in this area and know it like the back of my hand.The place where I found the ore(which I still have) was near a small cave and who said a mine has to go down. Three was a shaft that went up as a gorge, is low land. I believe that there is a curse of somewhat as strange things have happened and one is that I have yet to relocate that spot. I know the general area of its location. After reading the other posts, this place is very close to Becky "Timmons Arch" and would love to share stories and attend this "get together" to hear from others and will do my best to make it there.
Thanks and will see ya there,
Pontificate

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Swizard said:
Hey KY.Rebel
Good to hear from ya, we are going to get a camping spot near the road, so that some of the older fellas, or people with disabilities, can have good access to the campsite if they decide to camp. You will be able to drive to the campsite and meeting area.
On saturday for those who are just going to attend for the day we have a shelter if it rains and if it is nice weather, we will have picnic tables to accomodate us, food will be furnished for the meeting on Saturday the (9th). The camp-site area and get-together meeting on Saturday (9th), is going to be held in the Rock Bridge area of the Daniel Boone National Forest in the Red River Gorge area on the weekend of October (9-10). Some of us will be meeting at the Slade or Natural Bridge exit #33, in the parking area just off the exit on the south-side of the highway on Friday afternoon (The 8th of October). For all those who are just goin to attend on Saturday the (9th), we will be meeting at the same place, Slade or Natural Bridge exit#33, in the parking lot just off the exit on the south-side of the highway. Hope to see you there and your son, I'm sure it will be interesting and fun!

Swiz/Bill N

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
This is the meeting area, Please and be sure to be on time!

Attachments

• meeting area Exit 33.png
    meeting area Exit 33.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 605

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass
Hey Swiz, turns out Friday is my payday, so I have to stop by work and get my check, they dont give them out till around 12, so its looking like i wont be able to make the meeting right off at the 1:00 deadline. I'll be there Friday around 2 pm and will just find you guys if thats cool?

DMSDAK
Seth

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Just finished a serious course of meds after a 2 week bout with pneumonia . Doubt a weekend campout would be beneficial . Will try for the next one .
Jim

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-Ki- said:
This is the meeting area, Please and be sure to be on time!
See map below for meeting area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread