John Swift silver mine legend discovery website

OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured I would give everyone "a vague of course" update. The website was down a while, apologize for that. We still have a few very important things to do before we release the book and DVD. We simply cannot release this book until we have properly secured the land where the discovery is located. It is remote and absolutely pristine, never dug, completely untouched. But if we release this now it will be destroyed by treasure hunters, no doubt. We own the land but my partners want to make sure everything is protected. This is the big reason why we have been delayed. There is also the question of the material "rock" found on this land as the State Geologists are being extremely....well... strange about this stuff, they seem almost afraid of it. So it has not been completely studied. We are planning on bringing in a contract geologist soon. So much to do...still yet.... http://www.johnswiftmines.com

I have posted a better photo of some of this rock...NOTE: This is QPC, not a peice of iron....

Attachments

• rock.jpg
    rock.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 2,259
OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct "Quartz Pebble Conglomerate"… .. As you know; where you find quartz and heat (appearance of volcanic activity) you usually find precious metals. You will never find silver or gold ore without it. You can’t find silver or gold ore in between limestone and shale, or sandstone and granite, or whatever. Looking at this stuff (rock) there is little doubt that an amazing amount of heat was involved in its formation. Really a strange rock. And it’s really strange it was found in Kentucky. We have a lot of it, not just a trace rock here and there, we have a seam of this stuff.

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
How long does it take to make sure the land is protected? I noticed that is what you stated a year and a half ago and am just wondering if it can be a long - drawn out process? Without revealing too much on the whereabouts - can you elaborate on what steps you guys are taking in doing this? Any ideas on a "tentative" date for the release of the book? Can you share the region (N, S, E, W, NE, SE Kentucky/Virginia/WV./TN etc.) - not like we can deduce a whole lot from asking this question but understand if you decline... Hope everything goes well for you guys...

OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer your questions....it has taken so long because logistically protecting this land will require a lot of work and most of all...money, a lot of it. We all live some distance from this land so it is a job to protect it in a way that will ensure it stays pristine. Plus, we are all busy busy people and even though this is a fantastic discovery it is not the most important thing in our lives... The location is in the Red River Valley..smack in the middle of where one would expect it to be. We have uncovered new information that actually gives some of the Swift material historical credibility BUT our approach to this legend will surprise you.. Plus there is still more scientific work that needs to be done and we have to handle that carefully. I will try and post a few more photos.

Attachments

• 22222.jpg
    22222.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,797

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
you know I read a story recently that pertains to "ancient" fault-lines that zig-zag throughout the state of Kentucky - seems that Swift may have elaborated a little more in more "specific" documents/research that gives good indications that the ore he was obtaining was coming from those geological areas where immence heat and pressure ocurred in ancient times - fault/lines(especially eastern ky.) - resulting in the quarts-conglomorations - no doubt the Indians(and Swift) knew of these "exact" locations and am looking forward to your findings.. will be very interesting to know if the Indians played a bigger role in concealing these locations than one might think.. along with the French-Spanish as well.. have the assays indicated a high silver content in what you have? maybe even some Gold? Elliot County seems to be loaded with these tale-tale signs also.. would be cool to have very "specific" information on these ancient seams and possible locations throughout Kentucky - have researched quite a bit but am always open to any good info/sources when pertaining to quartz.. any idea on a time-frame till the book?

OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your approach to ancient fault lines certainly parallels our approach. We have found some NEW information, absolutely amazing information, that is forcing us to rewrite about 50 to 75 pages of our book, which I certainly don't mind doing at all considering how mindblowing this new information is. So hopefully everything comes together around the same time (protecting the land, scientific analysis and the rewrite). I will keep everyone updated....... http://www.johnswiftmines.com

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I maybe curious enough to bite when its done but have another question-What charity? You mentioned donating the proceeds to a charity-which one? If I purchased a copy of the book I sure wouldn't want to see my money contributed to Planned Parenthood, the murderers of children.

OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All donations will be made to St Jude Children's Research Hospital... Though they do not and will not endorse the book in any way..but this charity is something everyone can get behind..

OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured I would give everyone an update... We have just finished the book and the editor should be finished in a couple of weeks... We are in preproduction for the DVD... (had to change it quite a bit from the original)... The photo posted below is a huge chunk of solid yellow-white quartz found at the site... Really cool piece... we suspect we have chunks of yellow quartz the size of softballs in this outcropping which is really exciting.. This is not a geode nodule just a large chunk of solid quartz.

Attachments

• q1.JPG
    q1.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 984
OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured it is time to reveal more information about the find and the story behind it. 3 years ago I was invited to inspect a parcel of land in the Red River Gorge region that was, partially, to be donated to the Ridgetop Shawnee Tribe of Indians. I knew from first glance that the land was special. I have never seen such a peculiar rockhouse and cave system. I did notice the Elders were a little jumpy and distant while visiting the land and soon thereafter all of those elders were no longer Ridgetop Shawnee. Call it a coincidence.... Not even a month later most of the legend, germane to our find, was solved. Everything feel into our laps without much effort. I know some of the Shawnee out west are still scared to death of this place. I believe this place was supposed to be rediscovered by the Shawnee and it was. We also believe we have rediscovered the Great Shawnee Cave (I will post photos soon). It seems part of this place was used for burials. At the end of the day this is Shawnee land and while we have been absent from this story for near 125 years (other than watching) we are back where we belong. http://www.ridgetopshawnee.org

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello KySwifthunter,
I to have a site in the RRG region, I have researched many, many carvings in the region for many years. Just about every carving in my area pertains to the mines and cave. How did you find your site? What was your method that you used to find the mines? "Did you just stumble onto them"? I just told you how I found them without writing a book, "Can you tell me your method for finding the mines"?

Last edited:
OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say you are very direct.... Our approach is a large part of the discovery. You must understand that "our approach" wasn't rooted in finding a treasure it was rooted in solving the bulk of the legend from the beginning, which we believe we have done. The treasure is extra.... There is the Shawnee aspect and the fact that our people have been involved with this for centuries. We believe we were meant to find it and we did. Yes you are correct that many carvings in the area "may be" associated with Swift but we only relied on 2 carvings (the 3rd points to another location). I think you will be surprised with our solution. So I hate to use this phrase but you will have to wait and read the book, hopefully you will buy it...the kids at Saint Jude's need all the help they can get! God Bless!

OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured I would post some photos of some of the carvings we found at the rockhouse… These carvings were almost certainly made with flint or the top edge of a knife. They are old carvings… These may be totally native but a couple don’t seem that way… We have not thoroughly inspected the entire property for carvings, these were the first ones we found… I especially like the X in the box carving and the carving of what appears to be either a Bat or a Bird with its mouth open…. Actually, I was told by someone knowledgeable of the Swift legend to look out for a complete bird carving…so this may it… All these carvings are found on the same rock….

Attachments

• bat.JPG
    bat.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 984
  • strange 66.JPG
    strange 66.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 761
  • x in box.JPG
    x in box.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 815

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do raise some curious questions..like why would a Shawnee be afraid of anything in a cave? I mean they were some of the most fierce fighters ever to defend their homeland. Those that left the tribe...were they Christians too? If so they should not have been afraid of anything to do with a cave..one main question that bothers Indians very much...did they see or know of red-haired giants being buried there or near there? If you found the GCof the Shawnee have you found the burial site of ita-inoti-ho (spelling maybe off) the elder woman of the Shawnee who lead them when they came back from Florida? You would know the burial spot by her being buried surrounded by sheets of mica, some almost as long as her. Don't ask I wont tell how I know..but if she is there you have found it-the great cave, and I want to see it! I am kind of doubting you have found the great cave - if you have there is something there more valuable than the Swift silver(monetary) and the bodies buried (people of the land spiritual)and I am one of the few who know how to find it...know what I am talking about? PM me sometime

OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many legends that concern the Shawnee. Their early religious traditions included a female supreme deity, the grandmother. So women always held a special place in Shawnee culture. Most of these legends and myths, as told today, are amalgamations of stories told a century ago, those stories told a century ago were amalgamations of stories 2 centuries ago...and so on and so forth. Once inter-tribal culture in the Shawnee began to flourish, along with contact with the French, the Shawnee changed their stories..and a lot of the religious stories took on a Christian flavor...which happened in most Native cultures. I believe I have heard, vaguely, of the story you tell.. It may be derived from the Mica Giant story in the 19th century, a 9 foot 8 inch tall skeleton found in Indiana who wore huge pieces of mica as a necklace, of course the bones were lost...go figure...so there is no proof.. The graves lined with Mica derived from the Hopewell Tradition, also called the Hopewell Culture, which flourished 1000 years before the separation between the Fort Ancient and Shawnee cultures, the Shawnee of course were actually the Fort Ancients...

The part of the tradition that is to be scared of is the location of where certain burial grounds exist. I know from experience the power of Native American burials. I have recovered, from the authorities of course, Native remains in the past for reburial and I still have "something" in my home that came with the remains.. God pretty much let me know that it's harmless and to basically leave it alone, so it appears I have a permanent house guest. I help folks get rid of things in their homes, and I can tell you if you mess with the spirit world, Christian or not, and you are not prepared to take on what's waiting for you, it will result in a big butt whipping.

You say Christians shouldn't fear something like this? Remember this exchange between our Lord Christ and his Disciples:

Matthew 17

15. Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.

16. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.

17. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

18. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

19. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

20. And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

21. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Remember this and take to heart, don't mess with certain things, especially burial grounds or it will result in your destruction unless you are powerful enough within the Kingdom to take it on... Even Jesus' disciples were powerless against certain entities.

I have had enough experience with the Pow Wow circuit story tellers to ignore around 95% of the stories told by other Natives. The real stories, and deep dark legends, that are held in extreme secrecy will never be revealed outside of a certain circle and these stories, which I have heard pieces of concerning this area has nothing to do with giants and female leaders of the old times. I will tell you this much; people on this forum have posted certain carvings that pertain to these legends and I can guarantee you no one, aside from one person I know who visits this forum, has a clue what these carvings indicate..and I will never tell... So the fear likely concerns a burial place that if disturbed will open the gates of hell on the person who disturbs it...and that happens from time to time...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread