John Swift silver mine legend discovery website

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Interesting! are copys of the DVD and book ready.

I read your post from a diffrent fourm on Tnet, you where telling how the legend had a twist. I also agree about the Shawnee Indians having a bigger part in the Swift legend than people think. Cant wait to see what and where you found these things.
-Ki-

OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes, a lot of twists and turns. The true story is better than the legend, in my opinion.

We are 90% done with everything.

Its really in the hands of our lawyer at this point.

I hope to be able to post some important updates in the next week.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be nice to know if my theory is correct. Cause we all know that Swift wasn't the only one mining in this area.

Yes please, keep us updated! The cover looks good by the way.

Tau44

Nov 10, 2009
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Xterra 705
Does this mean he has found the mine / treasure and the legend is solved? Should we all pack up and go home?

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
absolutely not... If you look to the past there have been many people claiming to have found these mines. Plus as a friend pointed out, they only mention the word solved instead of the word found. We all have to remember that Swift mentions 2 sets of mines that they visited and worked upper/lower. Really depends on the area this find was made.

I'm really looking forward to watching the DvD and reading the book. So many factors have to come together to know your in the right area of the mines esp. Swift's upper set, I'm curious to see what you guys have put together.

The bar of metal in the video. Looks crudely formed, any info on it?

OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right, I would not pack up and go home. But we feel we have discovered the genesis of the legend, the true parts that is.

That is actually a rock we found and there is a lot of it, so its not a piece of metal. The initial photos are of poor quality, done on purpose for the time being. I will be reproducing the video with some better photos once we inch closer to the release.

We found some really strange stuff. I am positive that if this stuff exists in one spot it exists elsewhere in the region.

But the cool part is we discovered the true story behind the legend and a few more things of note ;) and those "few more things of note" seals the deal with this legend. There is so much allegory involved with this legend it took years to melt it all down to its constituent elements. And really, in my opinion, the true story is a better story than the dozens of BS versions that exist.

K

Kentucky Kache

In the true story, is there good reason to believe the treasures exist?

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
cant wait for the release, have you had the rock assyed?

kinda sounds like you guys found a nice deposit

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please over look my skepticism, but we have had several people (even on this forum) claim to have found the mines. If you had found the JS mines you wouldn't be putting it in print unless you had cleaned out the storehouse...we truly hope you have solved the mystery...again its very unlikely because I haven't seen anything form a guy who is on this forum that had first hand knowledge of the mine location and he hasn't said he saw you looking...so I again am doubting you found the Swift mines...you probably found the same Indian mines I did.

Gaijun1

Oct 11, 2010
Morgantown Wv
Curtis said:
Please over look my skepticism, but we have had several people (even on this forum) claim to have found the mines. If you had found the JS mines you wouldn't be putting it in print unless you had cleaned out the storehouse...we truly hope you have solved the mystery...again its very unlikely because I haven't seen anything form a guy who is on this forum that had first hand knowledge of the mine location and he hasn't said he saw you looking...so I again am doubting you found the Swift mines...you probably found the same Indian mines I did.
I Agree With You Ive Covered Alot Of Ground Over 30 Years And I Aint Found It

OP
OP
kyswifthunter

kyswifthunter

Sep 15, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE!!!

I apologize for the lack of updates but we are all extremely busy people. Hopefully we can make this announcement soon. The book is done, we just need to make sure the land is secure before we announce this because you know what will happen to this beautiful land once it comes out.

But I want to make an announcement, a great announcement!!

The people who own the rights to the discovery and own the intellectual properties to the book and DVD are DONATING 100% (minus normal personal expenses) of the proceeds from the book and DVD to charity!!

Hopefully this can be a huge money maker for charity.

On a personal note; one of the main reasons we have decided to do this is the feeling that this legend is connected to events that can be described as a curse. It’s really a question of the greed of men, and if someone thinks a man has something of worth someone will attempt to take it from him, especially anything tied to so-called “treasure”. So we think the best way to avoid this is to donate the proceeds to charity!!!

I will keep everyone updated!!!!

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tau44
Hows it going, I hope good, Merry Christmas to you and yours. I still visit the forum, I drop in the forum occasionally to see if anyone has posted any new things/updates. etc. I'm currently investigating an area I been researching, if any thing pans out, I'll let you know, pics, artifacts, etc.
Oh! by the way Mike Steely has created a facebook page on the Swift Mines Legend. You might want to check it out, its getting popular fast.
Well have a nice Holiday season, email me anytime!

Bill N. -aka- "The Swizard"

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being the skeptic again, I see words like hope, think, etc., they imply to me that this is probably hype for the book sales. Please state wither you have found the Swift mines or not.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The link goes to a site that says that name is for sale. Theymust not Harve made much money on that one..couldn't pay the $35 a month maintenance fee? Or was there really anything there? I was hoping they had some great stuff. I think Ki or Swiz or maybe Casey will find it before these guys. Have some Indian trail information near Carter Caves that I will be following up on its the path I think they really came in on after leaving the main Indian trace, and it works really good just need to get back out in the area and see what matches.

Curtis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread