Where is everybody?

Cygnus X-1

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2011
Tau44 said:
Where has everyone been? This was very active for a while and now there is hardly anyone here.

I'm with you on that one. This thread was busy as a bee and now it's bit the dust.

I think it may have something to do with what happened to Swiftsearcher.

There were a few people on the trail of the mine, from what I've been reading and after what happened to Swiftsearcher, they've vanished.

So, if anyone knows anything, please clue us in a little further.

Truckinbutch, do you have any info??

After the incident, you dropped it like a hot potato and ain't been heard from since.

edit: TB, after reading one of your responses in another thread, I can see why you dropped it! I would have to.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Cygnus X-1 said:
Tau44 said:
Where has everyone been? This was very active for a while and now there is hardly anyone here.

I'm with you on that one. This thread was busy as a bee and now it's bit the dust.

I think it may have something to do with what happened to Swiftsearcher.

There were a few people on the trail of the mine, from what I've been reading and after what happened to Swiftsearcher, they've vanished.

So, if anyone knows anything, please clue us in a little further.

Truckinbutch, do you have any info??

After the incident, you dropped it like a hot potato and ain't been heard from since.

edit: TB, after reading one of your responses in another thread, I can see why you dropped it! I would have to.
I was deceived by the person I went to help . The other folks seem pretty fine . I can't , in good conscience , share what I found with Scott . Took time I didn't have to spare on his behalf .
I wish all well . I won't be following that trail any further .
Jim

OP
OP
T

Tau44

Nov 10, 2009
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Xterra 705
I really enjoyed reading about the Swift Mines. I hope one day someone finally cracks the code and finds the long lost mines.

What I don't understand is why everyone quick commenting or talking after the Swiftseacher debacle. From what i understand and Please correct me if I am wrong. Swiftsearcher brought the FBI on himself by supposedly doing certain things on Federal Property. If he hadn't done certain things then the FBI or whoever could have cared less about him searching for the Lost Silver Mines.

My understanding was it was what he supposedly did that got him in trouble and not looking for the Lost Silver Mines. This used to be a great informative site about The Lost Silver Mines.

I hope people come back..

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep checking in from time to time, watching for new info. And, I agree, hardly anyone is posting things here anymore. A bit of new info though, Ed Henson is coming out with a new book soon, about the swift story set in a modern time. I have heard good things about it so far. If you wanna stay connected, a few of us are on facebook now with a Swift page. I have been meaning to post some things, just haven't had the time. And aboout Scott.. He knew what he was doing on federal land, just too bad things turned out the way they did. We as tresure hunters know there are sometimes risks with what we do. Just hate to see things happen like that. It hurts all of us, involved or not. Keep in touch..

-swiftfan-

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I am not one for rumours but I heard right form Swiftsearcher's neighbor that he used a pipe bomb to try to blow a larger hole in what he thought was the mine...That was s Federal violation an IED or improvised explosive device which using one gets you something like 5-10 years even if its not on Federal property(which he was) If I understand things correctly he could have avoided this if he would have used dynamite other commercially available explosive. The FBI had all kinds of stuff on him Thur his postings..even asked him how many times a day he prayed. He made a big mistake in that he tried to implicate one of our other JS guys on this forum to get consideration ...he lied and said this young man had been involved and didn't know he had a relative in the police/sheriffs office there..kind of a very sad comment on Swiftwearcher and takes away a lot of his credability. I wish him well and would like to see him post exactly what happened but it maybe part of his deal with the feds not to post anymore-don't know why they would want that..unless its because of his pro Nazi comments. I am hoping someone finds something to get everyone buzzing again..I for one have been tied up in several treasures down south..one has potential to be in the top ten of found treasures in the US just have to get a contract signed this week. Then did dig dig!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Curtis ,
I hesitate to respond to your post for many reasons . Ill feelings developed between another member and I over the stories Scott told me of his troubles . What that member shared with me
of the actual records of charges from the Commonwealth of Virginia of charges against him told a different story . Matter of public record .
I apologised to that member and we made peace .
On the trail with Scott I found signs that led to two possible repositories that I feel very much predated Swift that he had not found . Neither of these could be breached with a foolish pipe bomb .
Neither could one make progress with a battery powered 3/8"hammer drill and minimal amounts of black powder .
He also lied to me about the ownership of the property we were on .
There is something there to be found , but I will not be part of it .
Jim

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all ye Swift Hunters, 09/12/2011

I ain't been posting... cause of what Swiftsearcher did, I just kinda been researching things for myself for awhile. I don't think the Feds are watching this forum, but they could be?, I don't care if they are! I have a little more sense than to blast something open with some kind of illegal device. My advice or the way I would go about it... is if you do find something... its best to take your time and secretly dig on it and keep it camoflaged up or natural looking after you leave, so as not to attract attention to your doings. If you can do it legally then do it. If your medal detecting try and get permission, if you can't get permission for some reason or another... just try to stay quiet and concealed and don't leave any traces or signs of you being there when you leave. If you don't do these things... and you have "found something"...well it won't be long before someone gets on to ya!
Anyway gettin back to Swift, I been hitting the maps hard utilizing the carvings, etc.,.... and I know "ya'll"... ain't gonna believe me, but . ..... ...... ..... ..... ... ... ....... cave.

Swiz ;D

vamelungeon

Jul 13, 2009
Wise, VA
IF I am reading your code right, there's no reason to not believe you if it's the Great Shawnee Cave. It exists, so there's no reason it can't be found.

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Don't know what happened to Scott fully, but i take it that it was bad, and wish him well... But For that reason i removed a bunch of my pics... even if someone was watching they need to remember its still a free country, and if we want to research a treasure legend, we will!!! Ive kinda faded to black, taken alittle time off from searching but still research my maps and trails. Firsthand knowledge of the area here helps when not in the woods.
I PLan to hit the woods searching again in the next few weeks with new info and leads... wish everyone well

Oct 2, 2007
eastern kentucky
Enough-----Enough------Enough

Long time member first time poster and maybe last time poster, so be kind.

Allow me to introduce myself to T/N I am Ralph Hurst; Scotts long time friend and Swift hunting partner. some of you may remember Scott mention me in some of his Posts.

Scott is unable at this time to answer all the “RUMORS” going around and I have had enough of people on here who don’t know, making statements as if they know the facts, so I’ll clear the air. That’s what partners have to do from time to time.

Curtis, for someone who doesn’t start rumors, you are doing a good job of rumors mongering.

FACT.
FBI = NO EXPLOSIVE CHARGES
ATF = NO EXPLOSIVE CHARGES
HOME LAND SECURTY = NO EXPLOSIVE CHARGES
NATIONAL FOREST SERVICE = NO EXPLOSIVE CHARGES
VIRGINIA STATE POLICE = NO EXPLOSIVE CHARGES
WISE COUNTY = CHARGES. POSSESSION OF EXPLOSIVE MATERIAL.
All the above is a matter of PUBLIC RECORD. Look it up.
P.s. THERE WAS NO CHARGES OF A HOME MADE “PIPE BOMB” INVOLVED IN ANY OF THE ABOVE INVESTIGATIONS!!!!

Curtis states the following:
"I am not one for rumours but I heard right form Swiftsearcher's neighbor that he used a pipe bomb to try to blow a larger hole in what he thought was the mine"

Curtis, You have never meet Scott so how would you even know where he lives or who his neighbors are.

“That was s Federal violation an IED or improvised explosive device which using one gets you something like 5-10 years even if its not on Federal property (which he was)”

Curtis, HOW DO YOU KNOW OR THINK YOU KNOW WHERE HE WAS.

“ The FBI had all kinds of stuff on him Thur his postings..even asked him how many times a day he prayed. “

Scott made his pray statement in an earlier post.

Curtis, again how do you know what the FBI knows?
Read the above. FBI = NO EXPLOSIVE CHARGES!!!!!!!!!!!

Curtis makes the follow statement:
“He made a big mistake in that he tried to implicate one of our other JS guys on this forum to get consideration ...he lied and said this young man had been involved and didn't know he had a relative in the police/sheriffs office”

Again Curtis, how do you know what he said to investigators ????
I know of the young man you are referring to, I personally check him out before Scott extended him and his girlfriend an invitation to go with him. Scott also knew he had a relative in law enforcement. Scott never tried to implicate anyone to get consideration.

Curtis makes the following statement:
“Kind of a very sad comment on Swiftsearcher and takes away a lot of his credibility.”

Look who is talking about “Credibility”.

Curtis makes the following statement:
"there.. I wish him well and would like to see him post exactly what happened but it maybe part of his deal with the feds not to post anymore-don't know why they would want that..unless its because of his pro Nazi comments."

Curtis, read the first of this post it says FEDS = NO EXPLOSIVE CHARGES
they don’t care!!!!! NO DEALS.

As for the Pro Nazi comments, I don’t recall him making such comments but trust me Scott is far and away from pro Nazi.

In summary: I have not always agreed with Scott on what he poster on T/N but I defend to the death his right to post it.

With Kind Regards.
Ralph Hurst aka SwiftsearcherII

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes I think that it takes a little rumor mongering to get some answers on this forum.. Things happen and when it becomes the past, thats where it should stay.. Why beat it into the ground? Swiftsearcher #2 - Thank you for clearing the air about Swiftsearcher #1.. :thumbsup: He really does owe everyone on this forum an explanation considering: 1. The discovery of the amazingly hard to find "Jonathen Swift's Lost Silver Mines" due to his superior knowledge of boots on the ground work... 2. All of his past posts on T-Net "TOOTING HIS OWN HORN".. It's good to know that even the Great Ralph Hurst, whom weve heard so so much about, even disagrees with what was posted by the omnipotent Swiftsearcher.. :hello2: I'm glad it's all Public Knowledge because I couldnt begin to imagine what it would be like on here if it wasnt.. Now I don't agree with everything Curtis has posted about all of this but I will defend his right to do so, even unto the death..

We need to all be PARTNERS in this common cause... "The Fabulous Silver Mines of Jonathen Swift"

Yours Truly - Casey (The_Frontiersman)

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swiftsearcher two,

I was telling everyone what was told to me directly from the Young man if its not true I apologize but why would he lie? He told that to a group of 8 or 10 of his peers and I am sorry but I believe him over you or SW1

No charges...does that mean he plead out? If its public record give us a link! Are yousaying he did not tresspass on Federal property and did not use any explosives?

If you don't think he put pro Nazi stuff on you haven't read his stuff much...his avatar picture was of Hitler youth type poster even...sorry if he really isn't but the moniker and some of his rhetoric is a record on this site and you just need to go back about 2 years ago to read it.

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, first of all, I finally made it back on the forum. Now, to address some of the outright LIES about everything! First of all, my avatar is NOT a "Hitler Youth" poster. It IS German and is an anti-Bolshevik poster!!! If you support Communism/Bolshevism, then, I guess you would have a problem with it! I use the avatar because I am against Bolshevism/Communism!!! Secondly - Vamelungeon, Audie Kennedy, is one of the biggest LIARS I have ever had the displeasure of knowing! Third - If ANYONE said I made a "deal" and snitched on any of my partners, they are a LIAR and, I would be more than happy to confront them face to face about these lies!!! Fourth - I did FINALLY have a jury trial in April 2015 for these possession of materials with which explosives can be made charges! There were NO "bombs" or explosions or any of the other lies being spread! Basically, I was found guilty of not having a PERMIT yet, as I was going to acquire that before we started excavation. We were in the process of obtaining a sewer cam to find out exactly where the treasure was located in the vault before obtaining permits from the BLM. Audie Kennedy LIED and said he did not know me before signing the warrant. Which, he told me long before, when he was a cop, and not a magistrate, that he had researched me and knew all about me! Had Vamelungeon (Audie Kennedy) told the TRUTH, the case would have been dismissed!!! Anyway, I am here. So, before you start lying on me or believing lies and posting them as the TRUTH - simply ask me - I have NOTHING to hide!!!

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it seems easy for one to tear down another i have learned there is always a motive behind it many things can inter into iti am 77 yrs old i have been thru this many times it only belittles the person who is doing this to you look the other way your friends know better and will stick with you good luck rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it seems easy for one to tear down another i have learned there is always a motive behind it many things can inter into iti am 77 yrs old i have been thru this many times it only belittles the person who is doing this to you look the other way your friends know better and will stick with you good luck . i really wonder whats been said about me after all i did find the upper mines im sure no one beleives me that is ok if things work out in next 6 mths. every one will know for shure i will give enough info everyone can also find silver in abundance in ky. rgb1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread