Carvings of the Red River Gorge Area

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also wanted to mention my experience with government and its strangle hold on the Treasure hunter. I am sharing this just to help others avoid the pitfalls that can and WILL happen when you try to deal with the government.

First let me remind you the government is really people and they have goals, agendas and aspirations just like us, and they can be way greedier that you ever thought of being. Case in point:

I had been contacted by a great guy in Georgia, he paid my expenses to go down there (from the 'nati) for a few days, he had a good lead on some confederate stuff and we started looking using the device I have. Well to cut to the quick we had a really good find--in a pre civil war City cemetery. The site fit perfectly with a very well documented historical move of gold in a very large amount! (no its not Davis's stuff near Washington-wrong side of the state-way bigger treasure of gold) anyway there were all kind of leads like family bibles and rumors, and general knowledge, plus stuff written by well known authors from both books and even treasure magazines. Well, we had heard it was near a general’s grave and was around 5 tons of gold.
We located it and then contacted a city official, and that was where things start reading like a dime store novel… this guy eventually let the other city council people know about what wanted to do..Recover the gold from the graveyard..We had offered them a real deal..We would foot the bill and they would get 25 percent..of course the countered with they get 75 us 25 we finally settled on 50/50 and we had to pay for the dig and insurance/bonding..They delayed the contract so they could have the lawyer look at it, he had to research back and make sure there were no grave where we wanted to dig, this took 3 weeks or more, then everything is a go.
They were ready to sign, I flew back down and was ready-they decide they needed to redo the contract and would let us know..I flew back home and a month later they were ready again (I made three trips down there to get this done. The poor guy in GA was run ragged from smoothing out the wrinkles and doing all the meetings with them and keeping me informed (every step of the way-what a guy)..They postponed the contract sighing 8 times and took close to 90 days to get it to where they signed. I had about exhausted all of my negotiating skills and my patience; I was about ready to give up. Suddenly they were ready to sign. The final agreement was that we were to be the only ones there, with one (1) of their guys present to count their share.
I flew back down, rented a nice new pickup to carry my share back to Ohio in, pulled into the graveyard and you wouldn’t believe it! The place was crowded with cars! Yep, they had all seven councilmen there, two city cruisers, a sheriff, two plainclothesmen, and even a former senator! They treated us nice, but we knew they were planning to just take it and if we screamed, well, there were plenty of cruisers just waiting for us. Well, this ol boy wasn’t born yesterday, let’s just say the gold is still there, and right where we left it-they had to be disappointed because the spot we dug up and showed them was just inches from the place where we should have dug! One slip from the backhoe operator and they would have probably put us in the holes when they backfilled. One of the officers acknowledged to one of our guys on the side that that could have happened if we had put up a fuss!!

So, even in government, you have to be prepare to deal with people who will not be truthful and honest (maybe not everyone is that way) and have a backup plan just in case. You as the finder and hopefully the only one who knows where the goods are- –have the power..Use it. Think ahead and run a scenario past someone outside of your friends and family, someone that you respect and won’t tell your secret..Listen to their opinion and mix it with your plan of action. Pray hard and often! Remember as I did, what good is a million if you died trying to get it..how would your family survive? Best to let things lay and go get another treasure…there are a lot of them still out there!
Oh, and if you need me and my device (and no it’s not a dowsing rod)to help in getting the final location on one you have documentation on, (and have got narrowed down to a 5 mile radius), PM me and lets recover it!

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curtis said:
I also wanted to mention my experience with government and its strangle hold on the Treasure hunter. I am sharing this just to help others avoid the pitfalls that can and WILL happen when you try to deal with the government.

First let me remind you the government is really people and they have goals, agendas and aspirations just like us, and they can be way greedier that you ever thought of being. Case in point:

I had been contacted by a great guy in Georgia, he paid my expenses to go down there (from the 'nati) for a few days, he had a good lead on some confederate stuff and we started looking using the device I have. Well to cut to the quick we had a really good find--in a pre civil war City cemetery. The site fit perfectly with a very well documented historical move of gold in a very large amount! (no its not Davis's stuff near Washington-wrong side of the state-way bigger treasure of gold) anyway there were all kind of leads like family bibles and rumors, and general knowledge, plus stuff written by well known authors from both books and even treasure magazines. Well, we had heard it was near a general’s grave and was around 5 tons of gold.
We located it and then contacted a city official, and that was where things start reading like a dime store novel… this guy eventually let the other city council people know about what wanted to do..Recover the gold from the graveyard..We had offered them a real deal..We would foot the bill and they would get 25 percent..of course the countered with they get 75 us 25 we finally settled on 50/50 and we had to pay for the dig and insurance/bonding..They delayed the contract so they could have the lawyer look at it, he had to research back and make sure there were no grave where we wanted to dig, this took 3 weeks or more, then everything is a go.
They were ready to sign, I flew back down and was ready-they decide they needed to redo the contract and would let us know..I flew back home and a month later they were ready again (I made three trips down there to get this done. The poor guy in GA was run ragged from smoothing out the wrinkles and doing all the meetings with them and keeping me informed (every step of the way-what a guy)..They postponed the contract sighing 8 times and took close to 90 days to get it to where they signed. I had about exhausted all of my negotiating skills and my patience; I was about ready to give up. Suddenly they were ready to sign. The final agreement was that we were to be the only ones there, with one (1) of their guys present to count their share.
I flew back down, rented a nice new pickup to carry my share back to Ohio in, pulled into the graveyard and you wouldn’t believe it! The place was crowded with cars! Yep, they had all seven councilmen there, two city cruisers, a sheriff, two plainclothesmen, and even a former senator! They treated us nice, but we knew they were planning to just take it and if we screamed, well, there were plenty of cruisers just waiting for us. Well, this ol boy wasn’t born yesterday, let’s just say the gold is still there, and right where we left it-they had to be disappointed because the spot we dug up and showed them was just inches from the place where we should have dug! One slip from the backhoe operator and they would have probably put us in the holes when they backfilled. One of the officers acknowledged to one of our guys on the side that that could have happened if we had put up a fuss!!

So, even in government, you have to be prepare to deal with people who will not be truthful and honest (maybe not everyone is that way) and have a backup plan just in case. You as the finder and hopefully the only one who knows where the goods are- –have the power..Use it. Think ahead and run a scenario past someone outside of your friends and family, someone that you respect and won’t tell your secret..Listen to their opinion and mix it with your plan of action. Pray hard and often! Remember as I did, what good is a million if you died trying to get it..how would your family survive? Best to let things lay and go get another treasure…there are a lot of them still out there!
Oh, and if you need me and my device (and no it’s not a dowsing rod)to help in getting the final location on one you have documentation on, (and have got narrowed down to a 5 mile radius), PM me and lets recover it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread