Swift in the News

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys.. Just wanted to let everyone know that LEX-18 (NBC -Newschannel) in Lexington is airing a segment on Swift and the silver mines tomorrow, 11/21/11, at 6:00 p.m... The reporter (Jeff Allen) was kind enough to interview myself and Ki on the subject - so tune in if you live in the Lexington area and check out what he has put together - you won't be disappointed.. I live in Ashland, Ky. and don't get any of the Lexington stations here - so tune in on my behalf.. The segment is titled "Mystery Monday" and I will try and post a link so those of you who aren't in the viewing area can check it out.. Thanks guys and hope that some of you will be able to catch it.. Let us know what you think..

Casey

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Was a pretty good story he'd put together! You did awesome, but I was very let down by the little rock with nothing on it James Scott was claiming to be marker rock to the mines. There was nothing on the rock..lol no marks, carvings or anything. And it was very small, they also used way to much of his shaky old footage.. From what I know of the legend, and from what I've seen of James footage, I can honestly say James Scott is no where close in finding the Swift mines.
My reason for saying this, well just watch his video and you'll see for yourself. His buffalo rock is a simple common rock on the very crest of a hill. Swifts buffalo rock is found near his mine, and "above" this rock is a place where you can stand and look west and see a hole in a cliff. Plus the camera flare, and natural fractures in the rock that he claims is the spot for the mine.. I thought to myself watching his claims that if he believes so much in his place, that he'd have his heart broken knowing what I've found. But I'm glad they didn't use my finds, other than one picture.. My area is still very safe and sound! Casey you did awesome! I'm getting it uploaded to YouTube, I'll let u know when I do..!

Ky. Ken

Nov 14, 2011
eastern , Ky.
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack cheap one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casey did great!!! I wasn't impressed at all with the supposed monument rock they showed of the footage.. I'm not overly concerned with him moving the rock, because I think that it is lacking in any info that would lead to Swifts mines or stash..

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR

Here is the link to the Story that aired..... Great job Casey!

Im not to sure about the rock James dragged back to his house, I'll leave that up for you all to deside :wink:

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Casey!

You did great man, wish they would have given you more time on the subject! You and I both could show the newsguy a lot better rocks with more interesting stuff on it..wish they would have let you make some video for them! Rod and I are looking at trying to get down in your area soon, also have a connection in the university for filming with professional grade equipment, she is wanting to do something on Swift...maybewew can talk about a script at the cabin.

Curtis

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
strange rocks

there are as many remarkable rocks as swift hunters. The peculiar rock in the story, no one really knows. i found an old photo of hay stack rock with out trees around it, also balanced rock and tea kettle rock with names and maps on it and honey comb rock house.

Attachments

• hay stack rock lee county.jpg
    hay stack rock lee county.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 241
  • Remarkable rock lee county 2.jpg
    Remarkable rock lee county 2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 478
  • Tea Kettle Rock.jpg
    Tea Kettle Rock.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 252
  • strange rock sandy river.jpg
    strange rock sandy river.jpg