Ed Hensons latest "Swift" blog: all clues lead to Swift...

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Swift mentioned a cache of buried silver under a bent tree that points to the south or southwest. I searched around the triangle carving in the arch, had no idea to check under the huge bent tree just 20 ft away. I need to get a pic of the tree and see which way it points next time I'm out there.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and 4x larger than one like you posted.

So someone with him knew the Indian ways? If it is larger it might be older and may even predate Swift. Great way to date the site is to have the tree cored, they can count the rings of the core to get a date. Man you must be pumped about this find! Congrats on your find!

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
image.jpeg
This carving is also found here just 5 foot from the opening. JO.S Jonathan Swift, John Swift.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
So someone with him knew the Indian ways? If it is larger it might be older and may even predate Swift. Great way to date the site is to have the tree cored, they can count the rings of the core to get a date. Man you must be pumped about this find! Congrats on your find!
Thanks yes very pumped. The crew was believing by the end of the shoot.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
I moved back to Ky Fall of last year 2018. I Keep finding things with the first site, the second site I've been working on is a possible location of Swifts furnace rock house. There is supposed to be coined silver buried in this rock house on the right as you go in. Hope to put together a post on this soon for discussion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread