Ed Hensons latest "Swift" blog: all clues lead to Swift...

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Ed Henson's latest "Swift" blog: all clues lead to Swift...

the link is in the following post to Ed Henson's latest blog. I wrote a artical involving my latest research of my "Site 1" I've come to believe is Swifts west mine area. All the clues found here point to of my believing this. Ed was kind enough to include a story I'd written on my "site 1" West Mine..to his website.. I'll do a follow up of this story in the coming months.

Also Ed has written a just released book entitled "Swift". Its a great story and a enjoyable way of looking at the legend. A must have for any swift hunter.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: Ed Henson's latest "Swift" blog: all clues lead to Swift...

:icon_thumleft: GREAT! Read it last night! WONDERFUL job on "pics", Ki! RRG is "KEY"! :wink: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee? :wink:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Thanks Reb! The pictures help tell the story.... "key" is the RRG ;)

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go Ki! Your stuff was really good, I remember the pics from your previous posts ... did you ever determine what that hollow sound was? Is there anything at the end, or partway thru that may have been where a vein pinched out?

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Thanks Curtis!....
Thought id do an article on all the findings of this area, everything points to it being Swift connected. I strongly believe its the West mine of Swift's by a certain carving found here. I have chanced on some very important papers doing research that Labels this carving with the West Mine, was very amazed to find these. I wish i could share these to show you guys forsure what im talking about, but as you know a treasure hunter never tells of their key places.

We are still working on getting the dirt from the passage, seems to be just a void of where they were following something back through the mine. Givin what has been found around the area, i believe it was a quartz vein they were mining out. These kinda quartz veins have been known to bear ore, mostly silver, and small traces of gold. This could be why all storys tell of the ore being very rich. Ive been finding huge chunks of quartz from the size of a baseball to the size of basketballs in one area here. Leads me to believe its a quartz vien that produced the silver. I'm looking into this!!!

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Hey Curtis,
I forgot to mention I my above post about the dirt pile. I believe it was just placed there to conceal the rest of the mine shaft. I do not believe anything is left in the mine. It had been worked out and taken elsewhere. I believe Swift worked this mine is his early days of mining 1760-1762. Swift tells of abandoning this mine to work the Rich Mine he tells about. I do believe their is a cashe site alittle over a mile from this area. The arch with the triangle cut in is a few miles from this area. I believe this could be a place where he hid the silver. With 4 years of exploreing this shaft and using a MD there I don't think anything will be found in the mine. It's what had been taken out of this mine is where I'm searching now.

I'll have a new article coming out in a few months on this new site I've been working. It's got alot of clues pointing to Swifts mine and cave. I'm working on this story now, and hope to get a few more pictures needed for the story. My conclusion on this site and all the things I've posted in the past I believe are Swifts west mine area. I'll have some new pics and research coming out very soon, I also hope to do a follow up on this article soon, maybe showing some silver! I also have a video documentry coming out on these areas. I've gotten one almost done on the West mine, showing all cavings, there meanings, and finds. Good luck to everyone.. The Swift Mines are very Real!! -Ki-

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I read your article ki, great stuff! Looks like you are really onto something.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Awesome!!

ed623

Oct 24, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks Ki for posting information about my new book. Also, your article on the blog site has really got a lot of folks intrigued, including me. You appear to be on some solid clues and I hope you consider posting some more information on http://ed-henson.blogspot.com/. My book is based on the Swift legend and mines but is historical fiction. A lot of landmarks and interesting theories on the early pioneer connection is also included. The late Michael Paul Henson was my cousin and I spent many hours with him hearing of his latest findings and research. You can read excerpts and more about my book at my website http://edhensonbooks.com/. Stop by sometime and check it or visit and comment on my blog site.

Ed Henson

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Curtis,
I forgot to mention I my above post about the dirt pile. I believe it was just placed there to conceal the rest of the mine shaft. I do not believe anything is left in the mine. It had been worked out and taken elsewhere. I believe Swift worked this mine is his early days of mining 1760-1762. Swift tells of abandoning this mine to work the Rich Mine he tells about. I do believe their is a cashe site alittle over a mile from this area. The arch with the triangle cut in is a few miles from this area. I believe this could be a place where he hid the silver. With 4 years of exploreing this shaft and using a MD there I don't think anything will be found in the mine. It's what had been taken out of this mine is where I'm searching now.

I'll have a new article coming out in a few months on this new site I've been working. It's got alot of clues pointing to Swifts mine and cave. I'm working on this story now, and hope to get a few more pictures needed for the story. My conclusion on this site and all the things I've posted in the past I believe are Swifts west mine area. I'll have some new pics and research coming out very soon, I also hope to do a follow up on this article soon, maybe showing some silver! I also have a video documentry coming out on these areas. I've gotten one almost done on the West mine, showing all cavings, there meanings, and finds. Good luck to everyone.. The Swift Mines are very Real!! -Ki-

So I have to ask, will the show in August be covering the arch/triangle area or the opening you found? Also do you have a picture of the turtle rock (ridge) in winter that you could post? Thanks

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Yes, I took them to all areas of interest at this site. I always forget to mention a huge bent tree at the triangle. I now believe this to be a store house with coined silver buried in the floor in the back of this mine. There is also a triangle carving back in the shaft. Here is what was found in the opening.... image.jpeg

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
The triangle carving, balanced rock, Indian graves, Swift carvings and mine are all in same general area to answer your question. There is one thing that ties all this area together with Swift but I can't give that secret away. Swifts name is wrote all over this place.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, does your bent tree have a nose like an Indian pointer tree?

Here is one 'above' Turtle back arch.
The nose points the way...

IndianTrailTreeTurtlebackArch1.JPG

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The triangle carving, balanced rock, Indian graves, Swift carvings and mine are all in same general area to answer your question. There is one thing that ties all this area together with Swift but I can't give that secret away. Swifts name is wrote all over this place.

Oh my! That is wonderful, so I hope the edit on the show will protect the area or there will be another Swift swam in the RRG like in the 1970s.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
image.jpeg
This is what I've come to believe was Swifts TurtleBack Rock. Basically just a landmark on his route near one of his mines.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Yes and 4x larger than one like you posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread