Swifts Survey ( Masonic Star & Shield, Square Compass and Trowel)

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Swifts Survey ( Masonic Star & Shield, Square Compass and Trowel)

Hello All, 12/16/2011

Here is a survey I have researched and sketched on my Topo Map. It represents the area of Johnathan Swift's Upper Mines.

Ky. Ken

Nov 14, 2011
eastern , Ky.
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack cheap one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very interesting!! If we can figure out a map to overlay this on and where to line up the points to the right places.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Swiz, looks like you had too many beers and was using an old etch-a-sketch! haha

Really though, this looks like your earlier map with lines thru the points, is there a key that stands out to you that adds more clues to the locations? Do the lines go to points of interest on the topo?

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Curtis,
Yes...the lines do go to points of interest... and one line goes exactly to the Rock Bridge, that Swift mentions in his journal. Swift used linear lines to survey out the topographical position/location and actual openings to his upper mines. This is the reason for the carvings of the Square Compass and Trowel in the area. Swift utilized Masonic symbolism to survey out the area of the Great Cave and his "upper mines". He also used these lines to navigate by... to and from the mines. If the lines were extended out and researched further...they probably would indicate the direction of the lower mines and other places Swift mentions in his journal, routes of travel. (I believe Swift was a freemason, with extensive surveying and navigational skills, as well as, a trader, etc.). Remember in Swift's journal he mentions the loss of valuable papers, (The Survey Papers...I believe), that were taken by the Indians when he was attacked after starting home from the mines. (When he went blind they were of no use anyway). I'm sure Swift had a memorized degree heading from somewhere, a monument rock, creek fork. etc. or something close by... to navigate back to the middle mine. If he was not sick at the time...given time he would have found his mines back. I am sure of this!!!
The many other carvings in the area are representations of the same area, but are just area carvings, one "must know" the exact spot to find the mines with these carvings. The use of linear lines by Swift in his square, compass and trowel or star survey gives the exact openings of the differint mines. It reveals exactly their latitudes and longitudes... if, "you know" where the points of interest he used are located!
He said in his journal that...he determined, according to astrological calculations the location of the mines, so he knew the latitude and longitude of the middle mine for sure, it was the center of his survey. I posted the survey below.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love it Swiz,

The mason connection is right on, will have to say that this has been proven good enough for me in Prather's book. He takes it to a new level in fixing points in time about Swift being a mason, even peopel who were present at his masonic funeral process..and he was well established with G. Washington and other famous people at that time. I am not sure of the other conclusions of his book dealing with the Long John Silver aspect. He sure has uncovered a lot of good stuff on Swift, even explains how the dates are off. So mason symbols would be tied to swift and any place he lived for a length of time. I really like the point of the compass idea and think you are on to something there! Keep up the good work!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D SEVERAL comments; in the days of George Washington, FreeMasons DID utilize "grids" based on the stars (constellations, etc); it was Masonic Astronomy or something like that. It goes back to the days of Knights Templar "lost" fleet, following Vikings routes by the "sea"; over the years sailing by the stars helped in moving "in-land" for pirates/privateers... for NEW Enterprises. STILL utilizing Masonic Ciphers/Codes... Pirate Codes, AND! Grids by CONSTELLATIONS; check it out! :wink: :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee? ;D

OP
OP
Swifty

Swifty

Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (E- Series)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D SEVERAL comments; in the days of George Washington, FreeMasons DID utilize "grids" based on the stars (constellations, etc); it was Masonic Astronomy or something like that. It goes back to the days of Knights Templar "lost" fleet, following Vikings routes by the "sea"; over the years sailing by the stars helped in moving "in-land" for pirates/privateers... for NEW Enterprises. STILL utilizing Masonic Ciphers/Codes... Pirate Codes, AND! Grids by CONSTELLATIONS; check it out! :wink: :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread