Tree Markers of the native Americans

coonhunter

Jun 20, 2010
Wow,,,, I saw your post then remembered a tree on our property my wife took a pic of some time ago,, she never went up to the tree,,, just took pic from a distance. I pulled it up and then zoomed in and under the tree appears to be a rectangular rock ,,,,and to the right a funny looking , spade type rock sticking up,,,next time I am in Elliott county on our property I WILL check IT OUT CLOSER. Here is pick of tree and one zoomed in on.
markertree.jpg
"spayed type rock". Tree sits near top of hill, on a point, where two creeks meet. Below tree about 150 yards is a small cave.

coonhunter

Jun 20, 2010
I have got to check out this "spade type rock",,,, funny,,,,, I noticed it in the photo only after your post and I pulled the photo back up from her computer.
Marker1.jpg

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
very cool pics.. might I ask if these were taken on or near Caney - Little Caney? Very cool stuff out that way and wouldn't be surprised if you are on to something very interesting.. keep it coming!!!

OP
OP
Ky. Ken

Ky. Ken

Nov 14, 2011
eastern , Ky.
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack cheap one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started reading about them and then watched the video, I thought of trees I had seen out in the woods and thought it might be of use to some others. One of the things yo run into when thinking outside the box I guess. Hope something turn out for ya coonhunter..

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello cop hunter, I enjoyed the videos you sent me awoke back. Did you get my letter? Still hoping to meet up with you sometime and head down canny.

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll message you with my number. Sorry the previous post says cop hunter, this IPAD changes words sometimes when I am typing if it thinks it fits the sentence better!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread