A Walk in the Woods

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
I have part of a map that was in a private library in New Orleans. The rest was found on a rock near Beattyville Ky. It seams their was a small group of spanish working something close to beattyville. I have another map that was sent to me a long time ago. I put the story of the strange way i got the map and finding my grave with the date born 1804 died 1872 on treasurenet. The spanish map was from 1632. the other map has no date, but was on a small bluish rock with three chop marks on the backside with a small backword J. I will post some pictures of what i have found. I wonder if there is a connection. anyway i would like to set up a meet and go after several things that are out there. Read this:

Attachments

• WCJ 1.jpg
    WCJ 1.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 273
  • WCJ 2.jpg
    WCJ 2.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 266
  • WCJ 3.jpg
    WCJ 3.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 258
  • WCJ 4.jpg
    WCJ 4.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 263
  • WCJ 5.jpg
    WCJ 5.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 254
  • WCJ 6.jpg
    WCJ 6.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boomer, its great to see you back! We missed you on here. Curtis will be happy, we were both wondering what had happened to you.

OP
OP
boomer

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
ah E C, nice to stop running around. remember kenny creek and the silver mines. i think i have 1 of them located, old howard la kain. it maybe the one the famous dollar came from. it seems there maybe a back door to the indian mine at grayson lake.

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to see you back on Boomer. I know the mine you are speaking of at the lake, do you have any evidence of where this "back door" is located exactly? Also on Lekain.. much intereseting information regarding this topic to discuss when you have the time. We have actually excavated, to a certain extent, the location where Lekain supposedly cached his small horde - much more work to be done though. I hope Curtis does not mind me mentioning this information - as long as I am not too specific on the details just yet. Would love to PM some info back and forth when you have the time Boomer. Also good to see you to E.C. - still waiting on a good time to get us all together out near Caney when the time is right, just let me know what works good for you..

The_Frontiersman

May 22, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace - 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Was there ever a follow up attempt by W.C. that anyone knows of? I read that story a couple years ago when you posted it.. Just wondered if anything else was ever recovered..

OP
OP
boomer

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
on WC, i have found nothing more on it. the way the Spanish were hated by the Indians, i can understand an attack by them. i have been back-tracking from that location east. i do know that spanish were around burnside ky. along the cumberland river and headwaters of cumberland lake and around beattyville ky. and the headwaters of kenny creek. but all are long shots.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Boomer! Great to see ya back man! Like Frontiersman I had sorely missed your posts! I too had read the story above and wanted to check it out clsoer...also interested in the Caney area== have been back a few times just last march...love that area and I know its had the Spanish in there just like you mentioned...not far from the boat ramp is a rock with FILIPE carved on it and a funny date ...not far is also the carving"one too many a day" like an epitath for a burial site (body)...but thats all old news - soundz like you are on to some more very intersesting things...I am game for a get together just PM me or Frontiersman!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread