John Swift - Table Top Rock - any info. would be appreciated - thanks!

hlzblz

Greenie
Feb 22, 2006
i know where it is but cant get to. in tx., have original maps papers etc, my family needs set up tho so aint gonna give it all out

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yo! ;D May wanna get a copy of SWIFT'S SILVER MINES AND RELATED APPALACHIAN TREASURES by Michael S. Steely; reading it now, and I am READY to go looking TOMORROW!!! LOL... Table Rock is in North Carolina, near Cherokee; up in those MOUNTAINS... AKA Table Top Rock... GEEEZEEE... :-\

OP
OP
swiftsearcher

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel, that is not the "Table Top Rock" Swift mentions. The one he mentions (which Steeley NEVER talks about in his book) is very near one of the mines. It is simply a rock that looks like a table - I have several pics of it and have been inside it (there is an opening between the "legs" of the table!)

goldman34

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2007
There is a Table Rock here in the mountains of N.C... it is in Burke County...not far from Tenn.....burke county as well as avery county has gold in it..

OP
OP
swiftsearcher

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, as I have stated before, there are several places that one can find some of the rock "markers" Swift mentions. The KEY is to find them in the exact positions Swift stated. In order for any "table top rock" to be the one Swift spoke of in his journals, it has to be on the hill above the buffalo rock. I have pics of these in the exact positions Swift states. In fact, once you are at the buffalo rock, all you have to do is look up and you can see the table top rock jutting out over the clift (or hill) above the buffalo rock! :thumbsup:

The only bad thing is that someone (and I have a couple ideas who) took a chisel and knocked off the carvings of the names of Swift and his crew from the bottom of the buffalo rock! >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions